Which camelback to purchase

3000V6

Advice required on which camelback to purchase, do not want a hydration pack, only to be used to store goodies etc, heard that the hydration pack do not keep water cold, any advice would be appreciated

Advice required on which camelback to purchase, do not want a hydration pack, only to be used to store goodies etc, heard that the hydration pack do not keep water cold, any advice would be appreciated

Camelbak .now it is correct! Nothing keeps water cold .If you are worried about cold water you are not riding long or far enough .If you are carrying stuff around that you cannot drink ,you are not riding far or long enough .2 L minimum,otherwise you can use a bottle .Shirt pockets are for carrying goodies like snacks and cellphone .Dude ! Fluid first and second .then puncture kit and cellphone ,then goodies that you will bring back melted and sqaushed anyway

I like this one:

http://www.mxalliance.co.za/img/assets/productitemsgallery/6734/2011-CamelBak-Rogue-Hydration-System-Black.jpg

It has pockets for goodies and a 2l reservoir for drinks. Little tip I picked up, blow back your cold beverage other wise your sips in between will be warm. CWC had a special on them the other day, go check it out.

The 3L's are a bit overkill if you don't drink that much, did the karoo2coast with this one and still had some drink left. It is one of the cheapest camelbaks and unlike the 3L's it is not too long so it doesn't make your lower back sweat.

Edited by wheelerdealer

Lobo works well for me. I have the 3lt but once you have stuffed crap into the bag you get about 2.5 or so. I use ice cubes in mine sometimes but they can rattle around a bit and get annoying! The new bags have baffles now though. I keep frozen water in two water bottles on the bike. One wrapped in an old sock so as to defrost slower, last a good 3-4 hours.

Dont know whats up with the colours though, my is a two tone light brown and dark brown.

http://shop.camelbak.com/2012-lobo/d/1052

I half fill my camelbak bladder the night before and freeze, apart from the first sip or 2 from the pipe while riding my water is always ice cold, with the exception of very long rides.

My camelbak is the best money I have ever spent. Worth every cent!!.,

Edited by DaddyG