PPA Summer League

fandacious

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys think i'll be aloud to enter If my PPA Seeding is H. I've only done 4 PPA races before. If i can send proof that i can keep up with the group from my recent races and Provincials results.

I Will be entering in the Juniors so i need an A-E i think. I could also get letter of proof from people like John Wakefield or others.

Thanks

J

Edited by Leg breaker

so theres not one climbing race in summer league...

:-/

It's hard to keep up with the rouleurs and sprinter types in recent Spring.

Even in my most positive mindset.

I also feel for the Southern based riders as this is mostly in the North (again).

Soon to change hopefully in 2014.

Edited by ' Dale

Do you guys think i'll be aloud to enter If my PPA Seeding is H. I've only done 4 PPA races before. If i can send proof that i can keep up with the group from my recent races and Provincials results.

I Will be entering in the Juniors so i need an A-E i think. I could also get letter of proof from people like John Wakefield or others.

Thanks

J

Give it a shot, Leg Breaker.

Remember that an important element I'd qualifying for racing is EXPERIENCE, which cannot be bought.

So, gaining your place in A-E has experience and exposure as an important outcome.

What are the races? The Main Road is open in Kalk Bay for season, but I presume based on Fand's post the races are still cancelled.

What is the updated excuse for cancelling bike racing within a 100km radius of my house?

so theres not one climbing race in summer league...

doubt i'll be entering it then.

Do you have the dates and races for summer?

Do you have the dates and races for summer?

The race schedule is on the PPA website. Five races in total comprising two circuit races. No Roller Coaster, Bay City or Cape Cobra!

The race schedule is on the PPA website. Five races in total comprising two circuit races. No Roller Coaster, Bay City or Cape Cobra!

Thanks Andre. I saw the email and link now: http://www.pedalpower.org.za/blog/news/enter-now-for-ppa-summer-league-2013/

It's doesn't look bad. Rather, it looks good.

The Voor-Paardeberg Circuit Race is as hard as nails. Bouckaert Soenen League great and longer race. Tour De PPA also interesting although a bit more flat. Another tough one is Lady Loch Circuit Race, although they could make it longer and Medallion Tour De Stellenbosch is also a good race.

Us Southern Suburbs mense don't like using cars to get to races that's really why we are frustrated.

+1

Us Southern Suburbs mense don't like using cars to get to races that's really why we are frustrated.

:-D

I will try. I had the same issue with the spring league, they said i could do it. I changed my mind and never did it in the end because i felt i wasn't nearly ready. I did try and race the Engen Dynamic in the Elite bunch, ended badly...

Thanks Andre. I saw the email and link now: http://www.pedalpowe...er-league-2013/

It's doesn't look bad. Rather, it looks good.

The Voor-Paardeberg Circuit Race is as hard as nails. Bouckaert Soenen League great and longer race. Tour De PPA also interesting although a bit more flat. Another tough one is Lady Loch Circuit Race, although they could make it longer and Medallion Tour De Stellenbosch is also a good race.

i'm not saying they're easy. I'm saying they're flat. Traditionally summer has been lots of climbing. I suck tremendously on the flats....

Yor you people can complain....Lets see, there is a few nice climbs. Helshoogte, Botmas Pass, etc....the rest is rollers, so I will be entering, looking forward to another league season. If people can't even manage to stick over the rollers then why bother to enter league with all the climbs??

I know of a few people who is apparently all 'Mountain Goats' but they get dropped on the Voor Paardeberg climb...yet, they are climbers...

Rather be grateful that there is another league season and that we can ride our bikes.

I am looking forward to racing again.

I will try. I had the same issue with the spring league, they said i could do it. I changed my mind and never did it in the end because i felt i wasn't nearly ready. I did try and race the Engen Dynamic in the Elite bunch, ended badly...

I train with John, just a tip, racing elites as not as easy as it sounds, rather get your seeding up to C first. I had to get mine up, and a great learning experience it was...