Dear Mr Bicycle Trader

Myself and a good few of my mates deal with Bicycle Trader on a regular basis and the experience has been fantastic.There is no better place to have your bike serviced and the guys there have been fantastic.Have any of you whiners bothered to chat to the guys about your concerns.I deal with the public and it is not always easy to keep your cool and in my experience the customer is not always right.After reading Karma complaint i was so suprised that i went into the store and the story from the staff there was a completely differnt version of the events given by Karma.My point is that until the complaint has been properly discussed, and after that if the alledged bad service is not sorted then by all means report it on this forum.I am sure you have had some sort of issue but first tackle the issue head on with the lbs concerned.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Myself and a good few of my mates deal with Bicycle Trader on a regular basis and the experience has been fantastic.There is no better place to have your bike serviced and the guys there have been fantastic.Have any of you whiners bothered to chat to the guys about your concerns.I deal with the public and it is not always easy to keep your cool and in my experience the customer is not always right.After reading Karma complaint i was so suprised that i went into the store and the story from the staff there was a completely differnt version of the events given by Karma.My point is that until the complaint has been properly discussed, and after that if the alledged bad service is not sorted then by all means report it on this forum.I am sure you have had some sort of issue but first tackle the issue head on with the lbs concerned.

So please do share the story from "the staff". Been waiting all day for some feedback.

Getting some black ones from Dangle.

BUT:

I know the shop in STB sells all kinds of colours and we have a certain friend there who would be happy to collect and post...

PM SENT

I have bought 4 bikes from bicycle trader. I have had very good service from them so I was quite suprised to see this post. I live in Botswana and have dealt with Colin on the phone and in person. He has always been very approachable and polite with me. I guess there are 3 sides to every story. Yours, his and the truth.

So - my good friend Mr Dangle has a pair at his shop, which is about 20km from home, and he will charge me more than R20 a piece, BUT I am going there and paying with a smile.

Summit Cycles ftw.

what i was going to suggest from the beginning

Myself and a good few of my mates deal with Bicycle Trader on a regular basis and the experience has been fantastic.There is no better place to have your bike serviced........

I stopped reading here. Shame

wait......is bicycle trader the name of the shop? i thought you were being discreet and generic

Hahahahaha!!!!clap.gif

I was thinking about this thread driving home from work today and on reflection, I came to the conclusion that :

a) this is not the correct way to have addressed the problem.

B) Dumela has done the right thing by not responding.

If a person (customer) has a problem with someone whom provides goods or a service, then IMO the correct thing to do is confront that person regarding the issue?

If you don't want to do it immediately then do it later or the next day?

If you can't (or just would rather not) go back to the original location, then use the phone?

If you are not confident in your language skills then send an email? Have someone check it first if needed?

In any case, give the person concerned an opportunity to explain themselves personally to you?

If they then don't give you a satisfactory expanation or appology, by all means tell people what you are not happy about - we can all use advice on who to avoid and why, but don't, as a first step, put the situation on a public website and invite the opposite party to come forward and air the dirty laudry in front of an audience?

That's my view :-)

B.

I was thinking about this thread driving home from work today and on reflection, I came to the conclusion that :

a) this is not the correct way to have addressed the problem.

http://1.1.1.3/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png Dumela has done the right thing by not responding.

If a person (customer) has a problem with someone whom provides goods or a service, then IMO the correct thing to do is confront that person regarding the issue?

If you don't want to do it immediately then do it later or the next day?

If you can't (or just would rather not) go back to the original location, then use the phone?

If you are not confident in your language skills then send an email? Have someone check it first if needed?

In any case, give the person concerned an opportunity to explain themselves personally to you?

If they then don't give you a satisfactory expanation or appology, by all means tell people what you are not happy about - we can all use advice on who to avoid and why, but don't, as a first step, put the situation on a public website and invite the opposite party to come forward and air the dirty laudry in front of an audience?

That's my view :-)

B.

So please do share the story from "the staff". Been waiting all day for some feedback.

THE feedback is as follows go straight to the source and confront them,not for me to give you feed back as this is the problem.Colin is an approachable guy[my dealings with him] so why dont you try this approach.If you still get an unvavourable response i would be the first one to take your side.Just i think doing the whinge way without trying to chat to Colin is not fair.Lets be adults and try for an amicable result

THE feedback is as follows go straight to the source and confront them,not for me to give you feed back as this is the problem.Colin is an approachable guy[my dealings with him] so why dont you try this approach.If you still get an unvavourable response i would be the first one to take your side.Just i think doing the whinge way without trying to chat to Colin is not fair.Lets be adults and try for an amicable result

Are you serious?????

If Karma was called 'arsehole' as he attests, do you expect him to go back and confront the turkey who did it?

Why?

It should never, NEVER, have happened in the first place.