Dear Mr Bicycle Trader

Funny. There is always two sides to a story. I bought five bikes in the last year from Bicycle Trader and I am extremely happy with the service I have received. The owner was not just accommodating but went out of his way to help me find the right bike to be able to compete in an event next year. It saddens me that you need to use social media to settle personal vendetas.

1st post!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is it takes some big gahoonas to call a guy the size of Karma an asshole.

He's not exactly a jockey sized lad.

Funny. There is always two sides to a story. I bought five bikes in the last year from Bicycle Trader and I am extremely happy with the service I have received. The owner was not just accommodating but went out of his way to help me find the right bike to be able to compete in an event next year. It saddens me that you need to use social media to settle personal vendetas.

Are you his friend?

And why is this now a vendetta?

I am starting to fear for the safety of Karma. I reckon Oom Biltong and his old age home cronies are parked outside his house and will take him down with their walking sticks and framesph34r.png

what's that got to do with anything.

Hiding behind an alias just isn't some people's style.

Personally, anything I say on the hub, I say in real life.

No hiding behind my keyboard.

Ok Wayne Potgieter. Just having fun, no ones taking hiding behind keyboards too seriously (bloody difficult that) ;) Curious that the dudes only post is a pro for Bicycle Trader.

Merry Christmas.

5 bikes, sure wtf ever boet.

Ok Wayne Potgieter. Just having fun, no ones taking hiding behind keyboards too seriously (bloody difficult that) ;) Curious that the dudes only post is a pro for Bicycle Trader.

Merry Christmas.

I agree. Smells like fish.

Are there any lawyers on this thread?

I'm curious about the legal situation if a customer did turn around, after being called an asshole, and attempt to rearrange the name-caller's face? Does a verbal attack justify (or mitigate) a physical response?

And if the name-caller then picked up a weapon to defend himself, and killed the customer? Murder, manslaughter or self-defence?

This is a purely theoretical question - I don't know any of the people involved in this, but I do worry about younger members forming the impression that the world can be made right with a snot-klap.

Not a lawyer but both could lay charges

crimen injuria vs assault

The one does not/will not justify the other.

Are there any lawyers on this thread?

I'm curious about the legal situation if a customer did turn around, after being called an asshole, and attempt to rearrange the name-caller's face? Does a verbal attack justify (or mitigate) a physical response?

And if the name-caller then picked up a weapon to defend himself, and killed the customer? Murder, manslaughter or self-defence?

This is a purely theoretical question - I don't know any of the people involved in this, but I do worry about younger members forming the impression that the world can be made right with a snot-klap.

Sounds like this thread is getting dangerous. I have been into bicycle trader and the old man was very friendly.

Sounds like this thread is getting dangerous. I have been into bicycle trader and the old man was very friendly.

That's my concern, too. Earlier in the thread there were a few members advocating for a physical response. The chances are they are paper tigers, safe behind their computer keyboards, but I'm concerned that some people may take them seriously, and not think about the consequences. Hence my question.