Dear Mr Bicycle Trader

And some store owners wonder why people throw rocks through their shop windows, or even worse quarts filled with petrol and a burning rag....? This kind of retribution is obviously totally inexcusable, but some people will do this kind of stuff.... If I was a store owner I would be terrified of this kind of retribution ....

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll know when I insult you now wind your neck in.

I think that was the mods warning threebob about his insult to you... Looks like they deleted his ADD remark.

I think that was the mods warning threebob about his insult to you... Looks like they deleted his ADD remark.

Oh dear - has this thread become a magnet for internet hardmen?

Whats up boys and girls?

So no feed back from the lbs yet I take it.

@ Karma, that bike of uits is so bright in that pic I an seriously impressed others actually saw the clamp at all.

@the LBS ..... You can't hide from social media, please comment as noted on an earlier post you are doing more harm to your business by not commenting.

@the jhb hubbers..... CT has some really great bike shops and trails ;)

Oh dear - has this thread become a magnet for internet hardmen?

And here I thought us hardmen could fend for ourselves.

Just goes to show, none of us are perfect, especially in so far as generalisations go.

It has to be said though, that Dangle shop does serve up a fine cup of cofffee, and if you catch them on the right day, a crisp cold beer.

couldn't resist could you... :)

Nope

In actual fact I am about to put the shova on the bike track and head out to meet a coupe of riders for a 5:30am start to a ride now .... A new trail for me and the trail only consists of good single track ;)

Whats up boys and girls?

So no feed back from the lbs yet I take it.

@ Karma, that bike of uits is so bright in that pic I an seriously impressed others actually saw the clamp at all.

@the LBS ..... You can't hide from social media, please pcomment as noted on an earlier post you are doing more harm to your business by not commenting.

@the jhb hubbers..... CT has some really great bike shops and trails ;)

We are spoiled in the Western Cape with some great bicycle shops.

You guys are all wrong.

Karma perhaps let too much emotion out in the initial post. (however assuming the arsehole comment did happen I can understand - the guy however needed to be provoked for this to happen as well)

The bike shop should have replied and offered to sort it out - maybe posted his cell number or even apologised no matter what - could have actually turned this post around into positive marketing as some other LBS'e have done in the past on the hub. Keeping quiet is an answer in itself.

Karma has every right to post his experience on a forum - thats actually the purpose of forums is it not? Should he have gone to Hellopeter rather?

Remember we are all humans. The guy from the LBS maybe had a bad day - no one wants to work this time of the year....

I have also had good and bad experiences from the same guy in certain shops.

As for Bonus, you cant seriously expect the guy to send an email that has been spell checked by someone else before visiting a LBS. It happened on the fly and if these guys cant understand any form of Afrikaans then I wont go there in anycase - which I wont now due to this thread.

It is that time of the year I guess..............

You guys are all wrong.

Karma perhaps let too much emotion out in the initial post. (however assuming the arsehole comment did happen I can understand - the guy however needed to be provoked for this to happen as well)

The bike shop should have replied and offered to sort it out - maybe posted his cell number or even apologised no matter what - could have actually turned this post around into positive marketing as some other LBS'e have done in the past on the hub. Keeping quiet is an answer in itself.

Karma has every right to post his experience on a forum - thats actually the purpose of forums is it not? Should he have gone to Hellopeter rather?

Remember we are all humans. The guy from the LBS maybe had a bad day - no one wants to work this time of the year....

As for Bonus, you cant seriously expect the guy to send an email that has been spell checked by someone else before visiting a LBS. It happened on the fly and if these guys cant understand any form of Afrikaans then I wont go there in anycase - which I wont now due to this thread.

Hey - I would have expected the guy to turn around and say "What did you call me????"

:-)

Edited by Bonus

You guys are all wrong.

I like Karma, he's an arsehole, he's my mate thumbup1.gif

Hey - I would have expected the guy to turn around and say "What did you call me????"

:-)

Well not everyone likes conflict. Personally I would also have done pretty much the same thing.

There is only one real loser here and that is the bike shop. Karma's bike has been sorted and he and a lot of hubbers (and guests we dont even know about) will not go to that shop.