Fake Pina's on Gumtree

MTB_Roadie

Here is my ten cents... Some scammers go and market products, normally things of high value at very cheap prices. "Too good to be true prices" what they do then, is when you call them, they say you need to pay a deposit to retain the bike because they have limited stocks... that is where you, the victim, get caught... So it might not be fake pinarello's but you might get scammed!

Another warning i would like to give... If you advertise something for sale, theres these people who call you and dont ask questions about price, mileage, condition, they ask you basically nothing. They then meet up with you and make an "EFT" and you have been had....

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why pay 50k if you can get the exact same thing for 20k?????

Would you buy your next TV from a recognized shop or from the fella selling one at a bargain price that "disappeared off the truck" on the way to the shop?

As a matter of interest, I have a client who imports Chinese replacement parts for a certain luxury German brand of cars.

He has very few comebacks. He said there is a problem with a specific part he sells and he has had 5 returned out of 200 sold

I like how everyone just ignores this post...

I get plenty calls and emails from ads. I tell them straight I am not meeting them anywhere and it is strictly cash notes and I never hear from them again.

I had a call today from a lady, she wants my Cannondale desperately for her husbands birthday, yadda yadda yadda....

They tried to scam my mates quad bike, the buyer paid someone to drop off the bank cheque and collect the quad, the police grabbed the guy and he said he had been paid R200.00 by the buyer - they could not arrest him for that. My friend then went to Carte Blanche and they fitted trackers to four overpriced quads on Gumtree, tracked them to Mozambique and found the ring leader was running the operation from prison using his cellphone.

I like how everyone just ignores this post...

Ask the Chinese for 1000 bicycles, they ask you how much you want to spend per unit. They can make it for $10, $100 or $1000, you get what you pay for.

Buy clothes at Edgars, made in China. Go to Bruma and buy similar clothing for 10% of the price. It is not the same thing.

Toyota made a press statement some years back stating that they were NOT Toyota motors in those cars. GWM are using old tooling from a 1970s Toyota to make their own motors

I heard from my cousin they now have mitsubishi motors, he just bought one, very nice vehicle.

Friend of mine got scammed out of R10k worth of photographic equipment, recieved an sms from the 'bank', got email confirmation everything. After being scammed he called the guy (Nigerian) who just laighed at him and told him he is an idiot and if he transferred R5k into his account he would ship the stuff back ....

Same with Big Boy 200cc scrambler, Honda engine - NO, it is a copy of a 70's Honda engine and Honda does not care. The big Boy 200 puts out less than half the power in 2013 than my 1982 Honda XR200 put out

Lambretta scooter factory in Italy folded in 1970, the Indians bought the tooling and produced the identical scooter from 1972 to 1997

Big difference in quality, nobody wants an Indian one, in the UK a restored Italian one can fetch easy 7500 pounds

How about this.....

I will buy a Pinarello from China.

If I ride it and like it then I will buy a real Pino in SA ph34r.png

I dont wanna pay R50k for a bike before even riding it?

Edited by Garfield2010

After the war the Russians stole the design of the German BMW with sidecar (BMW could not really say much, lol), they are still built today but are not good quality.

How about this.....

I will buy a Pinorello from China.

I am 100%% sure that any cheap Chinese Pina frame you buy is a knock off. The official factory would never allow frames to be leaked out.

Buy one and take it to the local agent, I bet they will point out at least 20 differences

China can send rockets into space but they can also build cheap junk, as cheap as the west requests

I am 100%% sure that any cheap Chinese Pina frame you buy is a knock off. The official factory would never allow frames to be leaked out.

Buy one and take it to the local agent, I bet they will point out at least 20 differences

China can send rockets into space but they can also build cheap junk, as cheap as the west requests

Well at least I will look cool? And as far as I am concerned that is all that is important whistling.gif ....

And after I am done riding the "fake" bike I am gonna sell it on the Hub for R45,000.

By the way, anybody got some Zip stickers for me??

I am laughing at this last post. If their quality is so lousy then you have just dissed about 90% of the folks on the hub as China makes all their frames.

I would be very careful about that cheap perception on Chinese goods....

.Why pay 50k if you can get the exact same thing for 20k?????

Oh just because it is IP theft, immoral, wrong and illegal, other than that there is no real issues.

How about this.....

I will buy a Pinarello from China.

Sure it would be like stealing an S Class out of the showroom, driving it for a few months and if you like it you go and pay for it.

Edited by Kanga

I am laughing at this last post. If their quality is so lousy then you have just dissed about 90% of the folks on the hub as China makes all their frames.

I would be very careful about that cheap perception on Chinese goods....

My post?