Fake Pina's on Gumtree

MTB_Roadie

Pina was a likely target for a copies because they are heavy (extra mass here and there difficult to notice), expensive and 100% made, painted etc. in China. I would not be surprised if some of these bikes are not fakes, but parrallel unofficial builds.

Imo it is crazy for manufacturers to do all their production there - but thats capitalism for you, at the bottom of the pyramid, poor people gets exploited. Only way out is to join and to move ever closer to the top. China wont have to fight a war, in 10 or 20 years they will control the global economy.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pina was a likely target for a copies because they are heavy (extra mass here and there difficult to notice), expensive and 100% made, painted etc. in China. I would not be surprised if some of these bikes are not fakes, but parrallel unofficial builds.

Imo it is crazy for manufacturers to do all their production there - but thats capitalism for you, at the bottom of the pyramid, poor people gets exploited. Only way out is to join and to move ever closer to the top. China wont have to fight a war, in 10 or 20 years they will control the global economy.

If you deal in tech you know that 95% of the hardware (pc's, servers, storage, networking equipment) is built by contract manufacturers on distant shores from where they are designed and invented. It is not too much of a leap to understand that the contract manufacturers that are doing this are sharp and learn the tricks of the trade from heir principals, and get better. So they perfect the manufacturing of the model, and carry on running last years models out, at 10% of the cost.

Ethically speaking, most western manufacturer I know of ( bar some boutique brands for example in places like Germany) use far eastern contract manufacturers. So you are propagating the suppression of the masses by buying any brand, including Apple, Nike, Louis Vuitton, Rolex, etc. It is precisely because the world economy is globalized that the impact of cheap Chinese manufacturing is felt in economies like USA and SA, where jobs are lost locally to china as they are better, cheaper etc. so if you want to lose sleep at night about buying a bike frame and the poor people who made it Nader the communist govt. in China, I suggest you check all the brands you are wearing as well, and start there.

Are the dynamics of the cycling industry such that they are going to fight this wave ? Put it this way, all the major brands a embracing it to survive. If they are then why not cut out the brand guys and go direct. You are doing exactly what they are to avoid paying all these profits. Do you think the IP in a Pinarello frame deserves R 40k of your Randelas? Your call. I know my answer....

There seems to still be the perception that the off shore manufacturers couldn't possibly do the same as a Pinarello, or Trek, Specialized, Santa Cruz ( you name them) bicycle designer, and that the products they produce in these countries are inherently inferior. I would suggest you are sorely mistaken, and that you wake up and learn your Cantonese, as these people as smart, innovative, hard working and will be the worlds largest economy in around 7 years from now. They can and will trade with anyone. Including us in SA. I think this is great. Roll on global commerce. Lets undo the hegemony of the past and inefficiencies in the supply chains.....

They can and will trade with anyone. Including us in SA. I think this is great. Roll on global commerce. Lets undo the hegemony of the past and inefficiencies in the supply chains.....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-k2zLHUKzYWo/UKpfLpVhByI/AAAAAAAAAbQ/DOSJsS2yJD8/s1600/slowclap.gif

I haven't worked with this company before so I don't know their testing methods, but damn. This does look good. Yes, not a "real" Pina, but if a frame is a "real" Pina purely because it made a round-trip to Italy first where someone whiped it down with a bit of Mr. Min and slapped a sticker on it that's R40 000 more than what you can get this one for..... no comment. If this rode past you in the bunch, would you be able to tell the difference? I wouldn't be able to.

Are the dynamics of the cycling industry such that they are going to fight this wave ? Put it this way, all the major brands a embracing it to survive. If they are then why not cut out the brand guys and go direct. You are doing exactly what they are to avoid paying all these profits. Do you think the IP in a Pinarello frame deserves R 40k of your Randelas? Your call. I know my answer....

They might test it the same way, the counterfeit might be better its irrelevant, it is brand and IP theft.

Whether its 4 k, 40 K or 400 K is not the issue it is Pinarellos brand and IP it belongs to them, if they decide to overprice it, sure dont buy. But just becuase a Rolex retails for 80 k and I dont think its worth that I dont steal one or buy a fake becuase I would like one.

You could buy a stolen bike cheaper than a legit one, but becuase it is a physical item that was stolen you wont. Why then is it fine to buy stolen Intellectual Property and stolen Brand Equity?

There are counterfeit, police services all over the world have anti- counterfeit units becuase it is illegal.

Edited by Kanga

If this rode past you in the bunch, would you be able to tell the difference? I wouldn't be able to.

How small must you d1ck be for you to pretend you are riding a bike you can't afford.........

Edited by eddy

How small must you d1ck be for you to pretend you are riding a bike you can't afford.........

Which is why all my Chinese frames are brandless. My d1ck size is safe, thanks ;-)

If you deal in tech you know that 95% of the hardware (pc's, servers, storage, networking equipment) is built by contract manufacturers on distant shores from where they are designed and invented. It is not too much of a leap to understand that the contract manufacturers that are doing this are sharp and learn the tricks of the trade from heir principals, and get better. So they perfect the manufacturing of the model, and carry on running last years models out, at 10% of the cost.

Ethically speaking, most western manufacturer I know of ( bar some boutique brands for example in places like Germany) use far eastern contract manufacturers. So you are propagating the suppression of the masses by buying any brand, including Apple, Nike, Louis Vuitton, Rolex, etc. It is precisely because the world economy is globalized that the impact of cheap Chinese manufacturing is felt in economies like USA and SA, where jobs are lost locally to china as they are better, cheaper etc. so if you want to lose sleep at night about buying a bike frame and the poor people who made it Nader the communist govt. in China, I suggest you check all the brands you are wearing as well, and start there.

There seems to still be the perception that the off shore manufacturers couldn't possibly do the same as a Pinarello, or Trek, Specialized, Santa Cruz ( you name them) bicycle designer, and that the products they produce in these countries are inherently inferior. I would suggest you are sorely mistaken, and that you wake up and learn your Cantonese, as these people as smart, innovative, hard working and will be the worlds largest economy in around 7 years from now. They can and will trade with anyone. Including us in SA. I think this is great. Roll on global commerce. Lets undo the hegemony of the past and inefficiencies in the supply chains.....

Perfect description.

The question is how do SA'n businesses, in particular manufacturers,counteract?

Which is why all my Chinese frames are brandless. My d1ck size is safe, thanks ;-)

Azonic,

you mentioned in your earlier exchanges on the fake bikes that you had experience in the importing of the same. I have been following the verbal exchanges on this and would like to know if you can assist me on how and where to get an imported bike.

Look fwd to hearing from you

Gary.

I have done a lot of business with chinese manufacturers and all i can say is that anything fake will not be correctly tested even though they say it is and provide you with the test repirt. They are of the most corrupt and unethical business people on earth. I would not trust a chinese made carbon bicycle unless backed and controlled by a reputable brand/company who distribute via official channels. Buying cheap and fake will most probably land you in hospital when it fails on you at 90km/h on a descent. Rather pay your hospital fees ip front and buy a bike you can afford from a reputable company.

Another way to view it, is that assuming you could buy a genuine Pina frame, but directly from the factory that makes Pina, you could probably get it at a quarter of the price or even less as you would skip the mark up to Pina in Europe, the agents in SA and the retailer. But this has many challenges too. Just saying.....

Bravo

WTF

Get back in your cage little troll.

What has his manhood got to do with whether he rides a branded frame or not?

He has said his bikes are UNBRANDED, thats what makes them affordable.

WTF

Get back in your cage little troll.

What has his manhood got to do with whether he rides a branded frame or not?

He has said his bikes are UNBRANDED, thats what makes them affordable.

Lay off dude....

The guy just found out he inadvertently performed an act on himself in public when he bought his branded bike...he is traumatized whistling.gif