Cycling without a helmet in GroenKloof!!!!

Dragson

From the pic. This guy is newer than a noob. He still has reflectors on his hoops. Yip the rules of use do state that no helmet no ride. So if he falls it will be on his own head. It is unfortunate that not only does he have no regard for his own safety (Groenkloof can get ugly fast over the rocks) but he is also unable to read. It is amazing that the illiterate can afford bicycles........

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the pic. This guy is newer than a noob.

I disagree - he wears cycling shoes and cleats, not tekkies. One would expect him to have a helmet as well.

darwin will take care of these organ donors. If you feel so inclined, explain the intricacies of head injuries to the tjop in question, and then you have done your part.

forest gump's mama used to say "stupid is as stupid does"

From the pic. This guy is newer than a noob. He still has reflectors on his hoops. Yip the rules of use do state that no helmet no ride. So if he falls it will be on his own head. It is unfortunate that not only does he have no regard for his own safety (Groenkloof can get ugly fast over the rocks) but he is also unable to read. It is amazing that the illiterate can afford bicycles........

Whats wrong with reflectors? w00t.gif But I agree - he must learn the hard way

I am sure going up to him and telling him, " Dude you should really wear a helmet, its for your own safety" is going to change his mind.

People need to take responsibility for their own actions and that YOUR decisions have consequences

Edited by Escapee..

I care what he does, because when he does fall over and crack his egg open, one of us is going to have to deal with him and his spilled grey matter (probably not a lot).

None of these muppets think about the implications that their actions have on others when it does go wrong.

Sorry for the hijack OP - but cute puppeh nolipoli

Did you see him on the nasty, gnarly sections? If so, was he struggling when you saw him there? Stop judging people! It is his choice, and his choice alone!

Aside: Do you wear your safety belt EVERY time you get into a car (as driver AND passenger - front and back seat)?

Sorry for the hijack OP - but cute puppeh nolipoli

Thanks, he is a beaut, even if I have to say it myself.

I don't get it. As a forum, society and country, where does wrong start and why do we condone incorrect behaviour? Natural selection? Morality? Rules? Ordinances? Laws? Live and let live? Imagine if we all thought it ok to yield at red traffic lights in our cars. Wear your helmet because it's the right thing to do - no exceptions.

Edited by flymango

I don't think we need to worry about other people not looking after their own safety.

To the OP, looks like you took a sneaky pic there. Not if you can just post that on the Internet without opening yourself to some lawsuit.

I wish people would worry about themselfs and stop looking at what others are doing.

[insert GROAN button]

>Press<

Like DR said, its a piss poor example the helmetless rider is setting, ignoring the rules of the venue.

Did you see him on the nasty, gnarly sections? If so, was he struggling when you saw him there? Stop judging people! It is his choice, and his choice alone!

Aside: Do you wear your safety belt EVERY time you get into a car (as driver AND passenger - front and back seat)?

I've seen people fall on even non-nasty, non-gnarly sections....

I'm not calling him noob, I am however calling him stupid... and yes, I'll say it to his face if I see him there without his helmet.

(I do also always wear my safety belt)

I don't get it. As a forum, society and country, where does wrong start and why do we condone incorrect behaviour? Natural selection? Morality? Rules? Ordinances? Laws? Leave and let be? Imagine if we all thought it ok to yield at red traffic lights in our cars. Wear your helmet because it's the right thing to do - no exceptions.

nanny forum? nanny society, nanny country? Were you harmed in this guy riding without a helmet on his OWN head?

Maybe we should all just pull condoms over our heads - to be safe :)

Jeez, such aggression so early in the year. Did Santa miss someone's house last year?

I'm off to the beach with the family. I predict this thread will be locked by the time I get back ... whistling.gif

I'm off to the beach with the family. I predict this thread will be locked by the time I get back ... whistling.gif

Hahaha!

Enjoy! Hope the wind stays away!