Tokai tree felling: Snake trails

(Deon)

@Pain or Shine, reading this thread actually points out an irony for me in your user name!! laugh.png Got to see the bright side of life ... damn, another pun.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ha, you're punny!

There'll always be some balanced view from me.. In this case there is a phoenix waiting under all the pine needles..

PoS

can we ask, post some pics showing the hill now, before the tree felling and then the after.

so we can all remember how it looked and how after wards and then see the change over the years.

G

ha, you're punny!

There'll always be some balanced view from me.. In this case there is a phoenix waiting under all the pine needles..

You bet. In a few years' time we will hopefully all be pleasantly surprised.

PS: So no mast for the next few months either? And will we be able to access Silvermine from Tokai carpark?

O geez, I'm slipping! Did I not post that the Mast/Bridat path trail is open?? They will more than likely use lines to drag the trees down, so no machines really needed on the mast level JT. There will be temp closures but nothing long-term.

EDIT: Amended the OP

Edited by Pain or Shine

Still working on it, including a 27.5" and a full carbon model, but I think it is going to go BIIIIIGGG!!!

http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1387/954005630_a7682d26ed_z.jpg

The South Easter will reveal some design flaw there, Crow....

:-D

The South Easter will reveal some design flaw there, Crow....

:-D

He'll just give it a new name, something like kitecycling.

He'll just give it a new name, something like kitecycling.

I thought he was referring to the dress.

Rode up there yesterday. Looks like only a short section of jeep track is closed. Access to most routes still OK. Mast and Silvermine definitely both still accessible.

But the snake trails are definitely closed, big trees over the lower section so no sneaky rides later. Dunno if it will be cleared by the weekend, can see some congestion on boulders and the dh track in the coming weeks...

But the snake trails are definitely closed, big trees over the lower section so no sneaky rides later. Dunno if it will be cleared by the weekend, can see some congestion on boulders and the dh track in the coming weeks...

Maybe eat a Rennie before you head out... whistling.gif

Guest Omega Man

.....so what does the trails look like? Anybody been upthere recently?

Ja was up there this arvo. The snakeys are rideable. Deon cleared the debris and it's fine. just don't go pinning down there at full speed cos it is a bit tight in places.

Oh. @ 16 valve David I can't afford a proper car so I drive a hundred year old golf. You are a huge toolbag. You are like the @rseholes who bitch about politics but never vote. Or moan about corruption but bribe a cop to get out of a traffic ticket. You more than likely left SA for London because you are too much of a loser to hack it here. Everyone there hates you so you take little meaningless snaps at people that are trying to make things better. You sure as **** weren't up there yesterday clearing the trail for weekend riders. Were you?

Deon doesn't work for Sanparks. They don't have to tell him squat about when which trees are going. They try to keep him informed because of the good relationship he's taken years to establish with then but they are the government. They do whatever they want when they want. He is trying to use the trees being cut down as leverage for trail improvements and better trail access for maintenance.

Oh. 1 more thing. You are a C0CK! but not a big one. A tiny miserable little one.

Oh another thing. It's not a conspiracy. Everyone who thinks you are a c0ck (lots of people) arrived at that conclusion independently.

Edited by Omega Man