RIP Burry Stander

Ranga

In his memory, we can support support the cause he worked so hard for!

From the specialized website.

Burry Stander

Thursday, January 3, 2013

It’s hard to make sense of loss. Often, we are overcome with the need to do something and feel powerless to do so. Songo.info is an organization Burry devoted much of his time and support to. If you would like to pay tribute to Burry, we can think of no better gesture than to spread the word about this organization, or donate to the cause.

songo.info homepage or donate to songo.info

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/news/latest-news/14543?intcmp=homePromo1BUrry

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the Witness newspaper- the taxi turned in front of him, he went through the passenger window. Father on scene shortly after, wife arrived after accident and held him till. Mother hospitalized. Driver stopped.

Truly sad, cried after reading article.

No parent should ever have to bury their child.

His death kept me awake last night as my sister also passed away at 25. Keeping his memory alive is the best gift we can give to his family.

I am going to pop past Concept Cyclery in Ballito a bit later and drop off some flowers for the team there, doubt they will be open so I will leave them at the door.

This is a great advert for young aspiring stars, have a look at all the messages from the pros on social media and the comments left here, this is how you should carry yourself in the eyes of the fans, be humble and stay real, this is how his memory should be remembered a good clean living honest young man and a true champ at the same time, I hope all other professional sportsman take note!

So it wasn't just a nightmare... he is really gone.

Yeah, waking up to a new day and it still happened, really...

:-(

I am going to pop past Concept Cyclery in Ballito a bit later and drop off some flowers for the team there, doubt they will be open so I will leave them at the door.

This is a great advert for young aspiring stars, have a look at all the messages from the pros on social media and the comments left here, this is how you should carry yourself in the eyes of the fans, be humble and stay real, this is how his memory should be remembered a good clean living honest young man and a true champ at the same time, I hope all other professional sportsman take note!

Well said and good idea.

Will drop off some flowers at Lynwood Cyclery in Pretoria.

I just cannot understand how moved I am by this...

We have an event in March 2013 in Cape Town. We have 35000 riders. I know there are many, many charities - but I cannot think of a better way to make a statement. I have no contacts at any of the charities except the small one I ride for, but surely we can get songo.info or one of Burry's charities to get cycling shirts and we all buy one to ride in? The TV coverage alone would reach many people.

I don't pedal as often anymore, and I don't visit theHub, but this was a huge shock! RIP Burry. Cherise and the rest of the family, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Burry was my held gewees!!!!

Ek was gister erg geskok!!!kon dit nie glooooo nie!!!!

Kan dit nog steeds nie glo nie!!!

I have this one picture in my mind from the Epic 2012. On one of the steep climbs everyone was running and pushing up the mountain, Everyone except Burry. He was the only one riding.

Ride Forever

Awesome pic! I'm sure this sad incident will give the saffas some gees at this years Epic.

Still tearing up thinking about this tragic loss.

Heartfelt condolences to the Family.

Burry, may you rest in peace.