Archery.

Neg

I've got a "old" hoyt up for sale, ideal for a biginner with arrows,and trigger! R2000. Buzz me for a photo 0832339674

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wayne, if you are ever in Midrand, pull in at our shooting range, we have a massive indoor range and some field Butts outside, Its my uncles range but im considering getting archery off the ground here again.

me likey. Details.

Just don't let one arrow slip over the yard fence!!eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif

Hate to see the neighbour with an arrow in his back door...

PS: just bought my laaitie a paintball marker....not long, then I think he would like to get into bow shooting...i'll encourage it!!

better than a neighbour with an arrow in his back.....

I had my first bow string slap against my forearm....jissie eina. ..

Luckily my arms are tattooed so I couldn't see the swelling, but I could feel it.

Setup my target at 30 metres in the garden. Pumping arrows into it.

Lekker fun.

This happens because your grip is wrong (or at least that was what I was taught many years ago). I use the “V” grip. This makes it virtually impossible for the snare to hit your forearm whilst also ensuring that you don’t twist/move the bow when you release. It takes a day or two to get used to the grip but once you are used to it your accuracy increases dramatically in my experience.

Guest Just plain Crazy

Not into Archery myself but my son goes for Archery Lessons every week at Zoo Lake in Parkwood. He started last year with private lessons as he was only 12 but this year he can join the older groups. He is actually really good and shoots better without sights.

We have not bought him his own equipment yet, but it will come. Anyone else in the area that shoots at Zoo Lake?

Guest Just plain Crazy

Wayne, if you are ever in Midrand, pull in at our shooting range, we have a massive indoor range and some field Butts outside, Its my uncles range but im considering getting archery off the ground here again.

+1??

I have an older compound bow that I might as well get rid of seeing that cycling has completely taken over my life. I'll post some pics tonight. I am happy to let it go for a good price if anyone is keen.

don't worry admin, I will not (not again) post the pic of the eland that I shot with the bowph34r.png

aaw shucks, it was a great pic and this thread is stoopid without pics.

I had my first bow string slap against my forearm....jissie eina. ..

Luckily my arms are tattooed so I couldn't see the swelling, but I could feel it.

Setup my target at 30 metres in the garden. Pumping arrows into it.

Lekker fun.

The bowstring slapping against the bow holding arm is an ancient problem in archery.Make yourself a "bracer" and strap or tie it to your bow holding arm, this will prevent the discomfort.A bracer is easily made from just about any material you would care to use.Hope this helps.Enjoy your new pastime.

Guest Just plain Crazy

aaw shucks, it was a great pic and this thread is stoopid without pics.

for you guys... or is this offensive for the topic?

post-32464-0-68500700-1357887848_thumb.jpg

The bowstring slapping against the bow holding arm is an ancient problem in archery.Make yourself a "bracer" and strap or tie it to your bow holding arm, this will prevent the discomfort.A bracer is easily made from just about any material you would care to use.Hope this helps.Enjoy your new pastime.

You can buy those bracers as well but I don't reccomend them as it does not teach you the correct technique. I would rather use the correct grip and thereby removing more than one problem from the equation

post-16512-0-43101200-1357894404_thumb.pngMy Son shooting his new Bowtech. From Archers Edge. The arm guard shows that his shooting form is not 100%. When your form is correct you willnot slap your arm with a compound bow. Believe me it is flippen painful.

post-16512-0-43101200-1357894404_thumb.pngMy Son shooting his new Bowtech. From Archers Edge. The arm guard shows that his shooting form is not 100%. When your form is correct you willnot slap your arm with a compound bow. Believe me it is flippen painful.

hahaha, I've been there! Let him try the "V" grip, it will sort out his technique thumbup1.gif

hahaha, I've been there! Let him try the "V" grip, it will sort out his technique thumbup1.gif

He is battling with the v grip. My problems were all sorted when I started using a the v grip. He uses it and then slowly creeps back into his old bad habits.