Waste of time....buyer

Enigma77

Don't you just hate it when you organise to sell something on the hub. And the buyer just disappears after a week of organising. . I think it's so disrespectful. I basically turn down 5 potential buyers because this hubber was first in line and begs me to sell him my frame. I organise courier to pick up frame from myself etc and hubber doesn't have the decency to reply anymore. I could have sold to someone who was actually interested. Sorry guys..... Just venting

First guy with cash in hand, gets the item... We tend to hold on to the item because the most eager guy normally does not negotiate a better price... I have had the same in the past.

Yip. Same story here. Buyer wasted my time for more than two weeks. Always excuses as to why payment had not yet been made, in the end he ignored me. No apologies, nothing. Could have at least said he changed his mind.

Don't you just hate it when you organise to sell something on the hub. And the buyer just disappears after a week of organising. . I think it's so disrespectful. I basically turn down 5 potential buyers because this hubber was first in line and begs me to sell him my frame. I organise courier to pick up frame from myself etc and hubber doesn't have the decency to reply anymore. I could have sold to someone who was actually interested. Sorry guys..... Just venting

Yip. Same story here. Buyer wasted my time for more than two weeks. Always excuses as to why payment had not yet been made, in the end he ignored me. No apologies, nothing. Could have at least said he changed his mind.

These "potential" buyers should be named and shamed to warn other sellers.

That isn't the way to do things.

Just a thought though, it is holiday season so maybe the chap has gone away. Granted he should've told you he was going to be unreachable mid-deal but maybe this is the case...

I've had a few deals both buying & selling that have taken longer than usual over the last few weeks because either myself or the other party have been away/ traveling.

But as one reply said, if he hasn't paid, move on to the next buyer. His loss.

Edited by Ryanpmb

I once had a guy give me the "I'll definitely take them" then the "I really want them but have no transport" then when I arrived at his house with wheels in hand (yes - Eldron is a sucker for a good please help me story) he gave me the "I only have R1000" when he had already agreed to R1500. Needless to say I soiled his family name and left with the wheels.

Moral of the story - some people just don't understand the unwritten rules of humanity...

I once had a guy give me the "I'll definitely take them" then the "I really want them but have no transport" then when I arrived at his house with wheels in hand (yes - Eldron is a sucker for a good please help me story) he gave me the "I only have R1000" when he had already agreed to R1500. Needless to say I soiled his family name and left with the wheels.

Moral of the story - some people just don't understand the unwritten rules of humanity...

biggrin.png

These "potential" buyers should be named and shamed to warn other sellers.

Use the rating system right here on the hub for buyers and sellers, it takes a minute to rate a hubber and leave a factual comment. We all benefit.

Simple, it's sold when the money is in your account. You can't phone checkers and say" really good price on coffee keep me some" problem is most people on the hub want to help Hubbers the rest want to screw Hubbers.

Use the rating system right here on the hub for buyers and sellers, it takes a minute to rate a hubber and leave a factual comment. We all benefit.

Agreed use it. If i see a negative rating unless i can view/pickup or arrange view/pickup i wont bother selling/buying

At least none of you have made the mistake of selling something (CBR 400 NC23 motorbike) to a "friend" of about 4 years, on basis of "take it now and use it and pay me in installments over the next 18 months"... Yep, I am the sucker who has not seen the bike for over 2 years and has not seen a cent in payment for it!

At least cycling stuff I just give away generally, makes it more difficult to get "burned" if you aren't expecting payment.

At least none of you have made the mistake of selling something (CBR 400 NC23 motorbike) to a "friend" of about 4 years, on basis of "take it now and use it and pay me in installments over the next 18 months"... Yep, I am the sucker who has not seen the bike for over 2 years and has not seen a cent in payment for it!

At least cycling stuff I just give away generally, makes it more difficult to get "burned" if you aren't expecting payment.

"friend" eek.gif

Dude, I'll take that EMD frame, but low on diesel, can you deliver? And btw, I only have R3000 on hand...

Thanks, see you later