Cyclists and road laws. Red lights, etc. (merged)

The Ouzo

Maybe we can get a 'complaints' forum. Or better know as "bitch at cyclist by cyclist".

Wonder if car forums and bike forums also have such issues?

+1 ...... and call it soapbox, nobody must be able to open and comment on it, it should only be read.

Edited by eccentric1

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Scotty

Yeah, I never roll through a green lighted intersection either without checking.

Yes I treat even green lights as caution. Comes from t boning a car with a motorbike years ago.

I ride Atlas road about twice a month. Have done for years. Can't ever remember seeing a cyclist stop at a red light when the road was clear. I am pretty sure that this is what causes people tin PE to get drunk and then ride into cyclists and kill them. I mean its obvious really.

Perhaps I better leave now.

because if you actually read what I wrote you would have seen I did not want to spoil my ride.

every time I've engaged with a fellow cyclist about a transgression I get met with abuse, I was in no mood for that.

I've stopped a long time ago. Let them ride in peace, jun ping lights, without helmets, its their choice.

I ride Atlas road about twice a month. Have done for years. Can't ever remember seeing a cyclist stop at a red light when the road was clear.

Obviously never been near an intersection when I'm riding on that road.

ok so heres one for you guys. when i get to a traffice light and theres a pedestrian walkway on the left and i am turning left, is it illegal for me to switch left into the pedestrial side walk and re-enter the main rd 2m later on a pedestrian crossing?

Anyone watch Mr Bean lately where the cyclist comes to red robot gets off he's bike en pushes it once through the left turn he jumps back on and ride off? Is that doable?

Then i must add that later Mr Bean gets out he's mini and pushes it through the robot and drives off.

Anyone watch Mr Bean lately where the cyclist comes to red robot gets off he's bike en pushes it once through the left turn he jumps back on and ride off? Is that doable?

Crossing a red in anything but an ambulance is illegal.

Yeah, sure, why not. I see wanker cyclists do a similar move daily, except they dont even get off, they ride down the left , do a U turn and another left, and the carry on their way. Arseholes. Wait, where's reasonable Joe?

4 pages of this?

OP: Get over yourself, all this self importance of mouthing off at other cyclists is way over the top behaviour. And it's likely to get you klapped sooner or later. Pity I don't know where Atlas Rd is. Even if I do detest violence.

It's called road rage. And it's pathetic.

When driving do you chase every car down and confront the driver every time you see them break a road rule?

When driving do you chase every car down and confront the driver every time you see them break a road rule?

No, I fill in the requisite RTMC report.

Yeah, sure, why not. I see wanker cyclists do a similar move daily, except they dont even get off, they ride down the left , do a U turn and another left, and the carry on their way. Arseholes. Wait, where's reasonable Joe?

And hot on the tail of the cyclist is the cager (car driver) saying "cyclists and taxis do it all the time, why shouldn't I?"

Edited by slowpoke

4 pages of this?

OP: Get over yourself, all this self importance of mouthing off at other cyclists is way over the top behaviour. And it's likely to get you klapped sooner or later. Pity I don't know where Atlas Rd is. Even if I do detest violence.

It's called road rage. And it's pathetic.

I laaik your post.

The other a few of us rolled through a 3 way intersection (with us going straight on) and another cyclist, waiting, shouts "you guys give cyclists a bad name...".

I barely looked back.

My point is that, unless its someone in my company rolling with me, my behaviour or choices won't be influenced by a stranger barking...

Edited by ' Dale