LOOK S Tracks Pedals

Mr LOOK

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting, would've expected more of a saving on weight. Guess Std it will be

Std - 145g (composite body & deflectors)

Race - 142g (carbon body, alu deflectors)

• 8 months later...

Mr Look: do you know what improvements are being made to the next iteration of the S-track, and when will they be available?

I am in the process of purchasing a new pair of pedals and strongly considering the S Track.

I notice the price difference between the entry level (about R850) and the race - R1800.

They say that the entry level is for beginners. Why is that?

Would I be better off purchasing an XT pedal for R850 or the entry level Look S Track?

Quite a big concern is the durability of these pedals. Apparently the body is some type of hardened plastic.

Could someone give me more information?

I am in the process of purchasing a new pair of pedals and strongly considering the S Track.

I notice the price difference between the entry level (about R850) and the race - R1800.

Would I be better off purchasing an XT pedal for R850 or the entry level Look S Track?

Quite a big concern is the durability of these pedals. Apparently the body is some type of hardened plastic.

Great question - I would also be interested to hear others' views...

I am not 100% sure what the difference is between the race and entry level.

The R800 is lighter than the race one though. :thumbup:

I bought a pair about 2 months ago and I am very pleased with mine at the moment.

i have been using the standard S-Track pedals for a couple of months after upgrading from the Look Quartz, IMO there is no comparison between the quartz and the S-track, the S-Track is much, much better! i think the only difference between the race and the standard is the materials, the standard ones have a hardened plastic part that i have broken a piece off due to hitting a rock but i must say that i think any pedal would have been damaged as i Klapped it really hard. i guess the real question to ask is if the race is really worth the extra money... that i am not sure of but, the fact that these are awesome pedals remain!! The only downside i can think of is that i dont think they can be serviced

Great pedals. love mine. and they have taken some beating over the year.

I've also got the standard ones.

I use the standard ones and got them as soon as they came out. Zero (touch wood!) hassles so far. Just like the way I clip in and out with them as well.

I am, in fact, on a bit of a mission to even add them to my road bike and ride with MTB shoes there. Got back on the road bike recently and the road shoes are suddenly killing me... so why not?!

I bought a set of the race pedals from evobikes in July. I loved them, but I broke one of the aluminium wings within a month or 2. They were exchanged under warranty thanks to Janos at evobike, apparently it is a common problem with the race pedals, he suggested I take the basic set. Lighter, cheaper and don't break.

I bought a set of the race pedals from evobikes in July. I loved them, but I broke one of the aluminium wings within a month or 2. They were exchanged under warranty thanks to Janos at evobike, apparently it is a common problem with the race pedals, he suggested I take the basic set. Lighter, cheaper and don't break.

+1 Cheaper, lighter, tougher, not very often you can line these variables up! Love mine

I had the Quartz now on S track race .... love them I don't know way anyone would want to go back to Quarts I did like them but I LOVE the S track's

Got my S-Tracks (Std) from Evo when they 1st landed.

Hit a few rocks over the past months and i haven't noticed if i've chipped anything etc. I like tight pedals, that being said, they also uncleat super fast, saved me from buying land a couple times.

My only gripe is that if you try clip in on a technical descent, it's a bit tough but i'd rather have proper tight pedals than loose kitchen utensils.

I think they look a lot cleaner than the XT's i use to ride and not having to lube springs is a bonus too.

Mr Look: do you know what improvements are being made to the next iteration of the S-track, and when will they be available?

The pedals will stay the same for 2014. They've been a hit worldwide and are the pedals chosen my most Top Pro's. Only change is that there's a new cleat available...called a DCS Easy cleat. Some guys (and ladies) complained about a too hard entry and release (mostly because they are used to a different brand). The new Easy cleats offer a easier entry and release. They are in stock and available.

Archived