Pepper spray - anyone used it?

2wheelsgood

I've seen it suggested on here quite often to carry pepper spray as a means to deal with aggressive motorists. Has anyone actually used it on a motorist?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but used it on myself before by mistake. Sprayed a micro-small amount out the window of a play we were staying at. Slight breeze blew a small amount back into the room. Was coughing for minutes afterwards, burning throat, etc. Not good stuff. And my experience is just with a bit of vapor. I'd think that if you get a jet directly in the face you'd prolly wish you were dead.

I've seen it suggested on here quite often to carry pepper spray as a means to deal with aggressive motorists. Has anyone actually used it on a motorist?

If I had it on Friday I'd have used it on a motorist. Does that count?

If you are looking for some, I hear the SWAT one is quite awesome.

Just a thought. If you used it on a motorist and he/she causes a serious accident, are you prepared to deal with the consequences?

I've nailed a couple of dogs (umkodoi's) before. Stopped dead in their tracks.

This was SWAT.

Also once while testing it (gotta test it!), got 1 droplet in the eye. It burned like hell. So I'm sure a human being would experience a huge amount of discomfort.

BUT, like Look695 sez - this should be a last resort. Like a firearm...

Just a thought. If you used it on a motorist and he/she causes a serious accident, are you prepared to deal with the consequences?

In my case the motorist drove back to me and got out of his car.

If needs be, (Assuming I’m not at fault + with sufficient “warnings” cries - off course), I’ll apply some SWAT for sure!

Life’s too short for threatening ego driven “debates” and broken knuckles.

I guess you'd only spray them when they are stationary. Wouldn't be clever to cause a cloud of pepper spray while you yourself might be going through it.

had pepper spray malfunction in my office.....bloody hell not pleasant to say the least.....eyes not too bad but coughed up the proverbial "fur'ball and then some....always carry with me on the MTB.(S.W.A.T type is best)

Red Sabre. Small canister (about the diameter and length of a lipstick). Potent stuff. Tested it on a vagrant who kept messing around near my house.

DON'T use it on a motorist!!!!

The guy was blinded and stumbled about for half an hour, trying to get out of my road.

It might be worth spraying a bit on the car's door handle. I am sure that will have some effect later.

Mate of mine used it during a bike jacking.

Handed his bike over but still 3 jumped him.

Sprayed it full on into attackers face. Dude dropped like a fly, two ran off then dropped the bike, so got it back.

I am keen to try it on a few baboons in Tokai parking lot (I have not done it yet before on the baboon huggers jump on my back devil.gif )

In my case the motorist drove back to me and got out of his car.

Can you tell us where you were riding, and what you were wearing?

Wouldn't want to be confused with you, next time that motorist is out for a drive...

Yup, had opportunity to "test" it on an agressive Taxi driver who cut me off three times in about a 1km stretch (cutting me off when he stopped to pick up / drop off his fare). He was still stationary by the time I lost him out of sight, not to be seen again.

Also had a noisy neighbour that insisted on grinding metal and playing loud music in his garage till late at night. After speaking to him a few times, one night he was at it again, and I just aimed the stream of pepperspray at the front of his Garage and gave it a short burst. After a few seconds he starting swearing and coughing like mad and stormed out of the Garage. I had peace and quiet for the rest of the night.

Did not spray him directly, he only got what was drafted into the garage. So yeah, Pepperspray works.

I wont leave home without it im my pocket. SWAT is the best.

I have used it a number of times on dogs intent to kill me.

friend tested our teachers keyring pepper spray at school many moons ago. needless to say withing a minute we had vacated not only the classroom but the corridor aswell. not nice stuff