Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

http://enduro-mtb.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Canyon-Spectral-AL-2014-enduro-mountainbike-magazine-1-780x520.jpg

Excuse me for racial profiling - but there is no way she is the owner of that bike  :ph34r:

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be Nino Schurter then.

and Nico villous (spelling)

jerome clementz

jared graves

most of the EWS top riders in fact

and lets not forget martin maes who is one of the top dogs in the EWS and hes barely allowed a drivers license, oh and he won the junior division at fort william this year, the dude doesnt even race DH professionally

and Nico villous (spelling)

jerome clementz

jared graves

most of the EWS top riders in fact

and lets not forget martin maes who is one of the top dogs in the EWS and hes barely allowed a drivers license, oh and he won the junior division at fort william this year, the dude doesnt even race DH professionally

Jared Graves came 2nd in the Australian national XCO champs. He finished just less than a minute behind Dan Mconnell who is a regular top 10 finisher at the XCO World Cups.

The Whistler round of EWS had 3000m climbing on the one day and many riders missed their start times resulting in time penalties.

I've ridden one and for the type of riding I like to do it's PHENOMENAL  Edit* I've ridden one and for the type of riding I like to think I do it's PHENOMENAL 

Exactly what I'm talking about!

I'm interested to hear Curtis Keene's opinion on the two and see if he sticks with the 650b or reverts back to his 29er...

Hello MariusKlokie

Please see the reply to Iwan on the frameset price indications as well as specs.

The complete Carbon Lynx with XT will be around R69 -R72k

Give me shout if you need any other info.

Cheers

Andrew

TESTED: BH LYNX 6 27.5 CARBON

http://flowmountainbike.com/tests/tested-bh-lynx-627-carbon/

"This is the all-mountain bike we knew BH had the potential to make, a glamorous (cable nest aside), wicked all-rounder. Those riders with Gravity Enduro aspirations will likely fit a single ring, and for our purposes that would be the only modification we’d likely make in the longer term. But we’re sure that most riders will be completely blown away with the bike as it stands."

http://flowmountainbike.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/BH-Lynx-Carbon-627-91-1400x933.jpg

Recon the best is to be able to climb like the race snakes and decent like the DH boys.

Damn Hairy I wish that was possible,but to find the time to train for hills is not possible.

Cool man!

On a different note though... Check what I just picked up for a test ride tomorrow!! (My first experience with the darkside..) totally can't afford it but the owner of the LBS thought I might like it.

What you do not know is that there is no going back after the "test" ride. True story, happened to me on a Camber Comp. :clap:

Recon the best is to be able to climb like the race snakes and decent like the DH boys.

There are definitely many riders who can do both as others have pointed out. I did the S2c in 2007. GM raced it and came in the top 20 I think. 

Nigel is correct though - the local bike industry is to blame - they buy the hype first because they are paid to. They pass that on to customers directly eg by the BS the ill-informed sales people gush and indirectly by stocking only certain bikes eg 29er max 100mm travel etc.  Then we could also mention the Epic, which touts itself as the be all and end all of MTB but is very one dimensional...

I am glad to see some manufacturers are keeping sixer models in the line eg Canfield, Kona and a few others, even if only as "Park" bikes. I am also completely happy with my strong stiff 26er wheels and great handling 150mm bike. :-)

There are definitely many riders who can do both as others have pointed out. I did the S2c in 2007. GM raced it and came in the top 20 I think. 

Nigel is correct though - the local bike industry is to blame - they buy the hype first because they are paid to. They pass that on to customers directly eg by the BS the ill-informed sales people gush and indirectly by stocking only certain bikes eg 29er max 100mm travel etc.  Then we could also mention the Epic, which touts itself as the be all and end all of MTB but is very one dimensional...

I am glad to see some manufacturers are keeping sixer models in the line eg Canfield, Kona and a few others, even if only as "Park" bikes. I am also completely happy with my strong stiff 26er wheels and great handling 150mm bike. :-)

Enduro don't have the numbers....simple. It really isn't the conspiracy you make it out to be.

its just the mindset of the industry here ...

I went for a ride yesterday with the guys from my old shop - and even my mate Jason who used to ride DH ... was saying "Why do you want another bike that has 150mm of travel? - rather go for a 125mm travel bike ....Then i reminded him what i did to my last 120mm bike (cracked in 3 places) and he changed his tune ...

They all said (while furiously pedalling their 29ers up hill) that if i had a 29er hardtail that weighed 9kg i would be way quicker up the hills and be able to keep up ... To which i replied that i dont care about going up ... and this was shown immediately as we rode a number of new sections down and they all got smoked - so much so that Jason ate it twice - and he is a flipping competent rider. 

But its because so many people just want a light race bike and not a fun play bike that that is how your mind gets tuned to react like ...

I lost count about the amount of people (non riders and riders) whose 1st question (or one of the 1st few) were "so how much does your bike weigh?" When I say 14kg (obviously not refering to my DH bike), their usual response is something like "lighter bikes cost more hey.." ...they think I have a Makro bike. Some people know absolutely nothing about bikes. (These are the same people that think if you have done the Argus you must be a great super fit rider.)