Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

While you chaps are at it, please source me a 36 Talas, tapered steerer Thx :-)

I haven't had great experiences with the Talas forks over the years. Somehow they always felt a bit less smooth and more "notchy" than the Float versions. Anyone else had the same experience?  

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had great experiences with the Talas forks over the years. Somehow they always felt a bit less smooth and more "notchy" than the Float versions. Anyone else had the same experience?  

Ya, I have also read that. Its a necessary evil IMO though, especially if your long travel bike has to do a lot of pedaling...

Ya, I have also read that. Its a necessary evil IMO though, especially if your long travel bike has to do a lot of pedaling...

i have one of those talas 36 rc2s

its really nice, pretty heavy, but its adjustable in a lot of ways, which is cool

it makes a difference when you lower it for the climbs, but its not a trainsmash if you don't

i heard somewhere that jared graves leaves his for in long travel cause sometimes he forgets to extend it for the timed segments

all its missing is a light warning you that you forgot to extend it for the first stage of helderberg enduro...

Don't bother with the Talas fork unless it is a very recent model. The Float out performs the Talas hands down, is lighter, has less stiction issues and is easier to service.

Also be careful which Lyrik travel adjust you buy, some of the older ones are problematic!

2014 Talas or newer (if you must)

2010 or newer RS TA

I wanted one but lots of reviews don't have great things to say about it,but it's nice to be able to adjust on the fly.

I wanted one but lots of reviews don't have great things to say about it,but it's nice to be able to adjust on the fly.

MK - rather go for the rock shox travel adjust system, it works better and costs less....(the new talas system is almost identical...shhhh)

Have a 120/150 Revelation RLT Ti if anyone is looking for one....

Yip. Have always been. If you want travel adjust Rock Shox is the way to go. First price would however be to work on your technique and enjoy the fruits of non-travel adjustable fork.

Even then Rock Shox is STILL the way to go.  :ph34r:

In my opinion travel adjust is not really necessary if you ride a bike with less than 160mm travel.

I have ridden many XCO's, marathons and ultra marathons with my Shova and my Intense with the Revelation fork at 150mm. Climbing is more about technique than fork travel. At Attakwas there are a few sections with 20%+ gradients where I managed just fine.

I have also serviced RS U-turn and Fox Talas before (air spring and damper), and I prefer to work on a standard dual air fork than one with travel adjust.

MK - rather go for the rock shox travel adjust system, it works better and costs less....(the new talas system is almost identical...shhhh)

Have a 120/150 Revelation RLT Ti if anyone is looking for one....

I wanna get a Pike but might have to settle for a 140mm Revelation or I must see how much a Fox Float 140 is gonna be. This Revelation is it maybe for a 29er.

The revealation is a perfect compromise between lightweight and long travel, the RLT with the RCT damper is very good. RS forks, bombproof and so easy to service, win win.

Anyone looking for a Pyga Onetwenty 650b frame? I know a non hubber looking to sell. Medium frame. Pm me

Yip. Have always been. If you want travel adjust Rock Shox is the way to go. First price would however be to work on your technique and enjoy the fruits of non-travel adjustable fork.

Even then Rock Shox is STILL the way to go.  :ph34r:

Had a Revelation on the Tracer, replaced it with a Float and changed to another Rev 6 months later. Now have a Reba on the Tallboy and also only have good things to say. And then the Monarch Plus is of course just mind blowingly good on the Tracer. And then the Reverbs on the Tracer and Tallboy is also outstanding.... I might like RS....