Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an old Wolf Ridge back around 2008ish, the thing looked hideous but was completely mental to ride. Had a 67 head angle if I remember right. 

Edited by hellocolour

The polygon just looks more polished. Smaller lower link, better tune design and it just looks more like a bike I'd like to ride.

i'd love to swing a leg over either the polygon or marin bikes. not drawn to the aesthetic of the frames, but rather to get a feel for the frame kinematics that's been earning itself some rather high praise. Both PB and VitalMTB first ride reviews concluded in almost the same way: works as advertised, and those adverts were eyebrow rising stuff to begin with.

i'd love to swing a leg over either the polygon or marin bikes. not drawn to the aesthetic of the frames, but rather to get a feel for the frame kinematics that's been earning itself some rather high praise. Both PB and VitalMTB first ride reviews concluded in almost the same way: works as advertised, and those adverts were eyebrow rising stuff to begin with.

Oh, absolutely. It's very intriguing indeed!

Marin Wolf Ridge. Another R3act suspension based bike, but with 29er wheels and 160mm of travel.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/marin-wolf-ridge-first-ride.html

p5pb14629839.jpg

I know it should come down to performance over looks, but damn I would probably ride this with a paper bag over my head cos it's pretty fugly!

Yes there is a lot of tech and performance in this design which is the draw to try it out but I just can't see myself going into the garage and getting amped to swing my leg over... The Poly is gets the same reaction from me I'm afraid, just not nice to look at at all...

I'm very interested by both the Polygon and Marin. Quite something different from all the Horst Links and Single Pivots knocking about. Something that seems like it could be a deal breaker is the customer offset KS Lev dropper.

ahem... same conclusion

IMO the curved top tube and down tube (near the crank) and the smaller lower linkage go a long way to offsetting the Quasimodo-ness, especially when compared to the Marin. 

IMO

I know it should come down to performance over looks, but damn I would probably ride this with a paper bag over my head cos it's pretty fugly!

Yes there is a lot of tech and performance in this design which is the draw to try it out but I just can't see myself going into the garage and getting amped to swing my leg over... The Poly is gets the same reaction from me I'm afraid, just not nice to look at at all...

It's like smashing an ugly chick.