Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be mistaken, but it looks like iRide won the Delvera enduro this weekend on a Mercer bikes dual suspension steel is real bike. Local is lekker.

He did. I've been lusting over that thing for a while!

Yeah and he didn't need 500mm's travel to do it either

About 110, isnt it? He does however know how to ride properly. There were a couple of hardtails in the mix too. 

Having ridden the Delvera event a few times I can confirm that the trails are not very gnarly at all. In fact i was going to try my hardtail out there if I'd entered. 

That said, lots of comfy suspension is an amazing thing after the beating you take on a HT at speed. Horses for courses. 

About 110, isnt it? He does however know how to ride properly. There were a couple of hardtails in the mix too.

Having ridden the Delvera event a few times I can confirm that the trails are not very gnarly at all. In fact i was going to try my hardtail out there if I'd entered.

That said, lots of comfy suspension is an amazing thing after the beating you take on a HT at speed. Horses for courses.

The weird thing about Nico. He hates on long travel / Enduro / gnarr / almost every single epithet you can dream up. But he rides a spaz Enduro 29er. The pre-eminent long travel Enduro niner.

I think he's just angry, and can't take dissenting opinions. Great rider (will ride me into the dust) but yeah. Mention a 180mm coil fork or an eleven six and he has an apoplexy.

God knows what he'll think of the Spaz Kenevo

Edited by Myles Mayhew

That Kenevo looks ideal for lots of Tokai Sessions. Time to start saving for when I'm sixty five.

looks like A good bike ( all day braap machine ) but damn I'll have to put some tape over that name  :cursing:  kenevo #lol

That's pretty funny coming from you. But I guess it's also funny coming from me pointing out that it's funny coming from you.

Hahahaha! Very true. Key to convincing me: gimme a good argument. And data. Not that Star trek oke, just verifiable data. Then I can dig your view.

Btw. Out of Tokai Mtb. Just no time. No more pluk. I is now a plebs.

Sweeeeet! Such a great ride. Nice looking spec. Let's see a build list.

Congrat's and many happy km's of shredding.

alloy frame ( 150mm travel )

Pike DPA 130/160

Fox DPS factory Evol can

GX 1 x11 

Hope Brakes ( tech3 , E4 and X2 )

Sram rail 50 wheels

Maxxis rubber

Syntace 770mm carbon bar 

Renthal 35mm stem ( could be 40mm)

ergon saddle on Lyne dropper 

XT cage pedals 

Wheels MFG BB will be added in A week or two

If you zoom in enough you'll make out the words VERY UGLY. That is the manufacturer but the model name is the Hideous.

They use the finest left over scaffolding in their badly lit garage production facility. 

p6pb15625461.jpg

Best Mountain Bike and Best in Show: Altruiste Bicycle Company

Edited by Eddy Gordo

p6pb15625461.jpg

Best Mountain Bike and Best in Show: Altruiste Bicycle Company

Lol, it was the only mountain bike apparently...