Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

A friend was coming in from the UK. Didnt wanna burden him with the transport and shipping was out of budget as well.

Yeah... I've shipped frames with Aramex a couple of times and it works out to be about R1100 then taxes. BA have gone and screwed up the annual friends and family visit with their £65 per extra bag, overweight, extra sports good scenario. Need to convince them Ethiopian air is the way to go as they give sporting goods as an extra, free allowance. :)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.....you have me thinking.........

http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/9745/setup_checks/32794/photos/58962/s1600_FullSizeR.jpg?1474048381

Sexy AF !!

those words irritate me. In some ways, there's more care and attention, not to mention skill, in putting together a very well sorted alu frame. Carbon is not "better" than aly, and in many cases I'd take a sorted alu frame over an equivalently priced carbon one. Nicolai, Orange, BTR fab (steel) Mercer (steel) etc. 

The skill and handiwork required to put a frame like this together, with the care and attention that they do, does not come cheap. These are not some dollar per hour labourers welding up the frames. It's Orange. Made in the UK. That does not come cheap. 

"It's Orange. Made in the UK. That does not come cheap"  BHAHAHAHAAAHAHA..

THANKS YOU MADE MY WEEKEND

If you can afford  to pay £1870 for that frame and a sticker, by all means go ahead ...

"It's Orange. Made in the UK. That does not come cheap"  BHAHAHAHAAAHAHA..

THANKS YOU MADE MY WEEKEND

If you can afford  to pay £1870 for that frame and a sticker, by all means go ahead ...

I'm with you on this. The MG of bikes. Loads of "character" but somewhat behind the curve in terms of everything apart from the pricetag.

Straight pipes. single pivot. Orange bikes make me feel like digging out my paisley pants, Howard Jones LP's and feather earings.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

those words irritate me. In some ways, there's more care and attention, not to mention skill, in putting together a very well sorted alu frame. Carbon is not "better" than aly, and in many cases I'd take a sorted alu frame over an equivalently priced carbon one. Nicolai, Orange, BTR fab (steel) Mercer (steel) etc. 

The skill and handiwork required to put a frame like this together, with the care and attention that they do, does not come cheap. These are not some dollar per hour labourers welding up the frames. It's Orange. Made in the UK. That does not come cheap. 

So why then do you have carbon Mr Mayhew!? :D

I'm with you on this. The MG of bikes. Loads of "character" but somewhat behind the curve in terms of everything apart from the pricetag.

Straight pipes. single pivot. Orange bikes make me feel like digging out my paisley pants, Howard Jones LP's and feather earings.

I didn't think it was too bad (£1760) considering some of the prices of other alu frames about at the moment. EG: Commencal Meta 4.2 £1499, Transition Smuggler: £1599 Kona Process 153DL £1480 Nukeproof Mega: £1599 GT Sanction Team  £1599

I'd guess most of those are built in the east as well. Single pivot? Still works pretty good and with up to date geo looks like a riot. Orange do have a loyal following for a reason, there is some thing about them. I've owned a Orange Five and loved that bike more than any I've had. 

What's a PYGA 140 frame going for these day in the UK? £1715... or you can just buy a full bike Jeffsy with a Pike etc from the YT UK outlet for £1699. 

Edited by hellocolour

Its Aluminium. Its build in the UK. Its, wait No..not Orange..my bad sorry

I highly doubt that. Built maybe but not made. My Dee Dar wasn't.

On-one and Planet X are masters of the oversea sourcing and asia builds, most of their Steel numbers and carbon are made overseas in Taiwan. 

That coding is a great price there though @ 50% off it's a bargain for sure but you can also pick up the likes of 2016 Banshee Prime for £500 at the moment on sale so it's not really a good comparison against a full priced frame. 

Edited by hellocolour

I highly doubt that. Built maybe but not made. My Dee Dar wasn't.

On-one and Planet X are masters of the oversea sourcing and asia builds, most of their Steel numbers and carbon are made overseas in Taiwan. 

That coding is a great price there though @ 50% off it's a bargain for sure but you can also pick up the likes of 2016 Banshee Prime for £500 at the moment on sale so it's not really a good comparison against a full priced frame. 

Off-course. All build in china assembled in Europe, UK, USA...RSA...like most  things.  I am just poking the bear in Myles

I didn't think it was too bad (£1760) considering some of the prices of other alu frames about at the moment. EG: Commencal Meta 4.2 £1499, Transition Smuggler: £1599 Kona Process 153DL £1480 Nukeproof Mega: £1599 GT Sanction Team  £1599

I'd guess most of those are built in the east as well. Single pivot? Still works pretty good and with up to date geo looks like a riot. Orange do have a loyal following for a reason, there is some thing about them. I've owned a Orange Five and loved that bike more than any I've had. 

What's a PYGA 140 frame going for these day in the UK? £1715... or you can just buy a full bike Jeffsy with a Pike etc from the YT UK outlet for £1699. 

No need to go abroad. RSA outlet sells that very Jeffsy for 29k which will work out way cheaper. I know this because I bought one :D

http://za.yt-industries.com/cat/index/sCategory/563