Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

That Shann looks like it came out of a farmer's shed. Really a difficult bike to look at :D

Edited by Pyka

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those welds. Pretty sure there are welds on fu**ing welds. No man.

Yo dawg, I heard you like welds...

Trek Fuel EX 29

http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/stories/2016/06/30/max_SLorencePhoto_TrekFuelEX99_002_2_21938.jpg?1467298043

:drool:

well that made my heart beat a little faster!

p5pb14956094.jpg

Commencal says that they have been working on this one for well over a year, and it's hard to believe that photos aren't plastered on the interweb, considering that the prototype, with its HPP high-pivot swingarm and anti-chain-growth roller guide has been on the trails since the Meta AM V4.2 and Supreme DH V4.2 were released. Commencal's HPP rear suspension has already proven itself on the World Cup DH circuit, and now, the bomb-hole eating high-pivot configuration has been adapted to create a 180-millimeter-travel chassis that is much more gravity capable than the Andorran brand's Meta V4 range. Commencal posts the $3,699 USD Supreme SX as an enduro machine in their "official" white paper, but then goes on a rant about how it was actually made to go as big as possible at the bike park, or sail down your local zone's most extreme lines. Oh, and apparently, it's a decent climber too. Check out the official press release below. – RC 

bigquotes-left.png In a world where performance and competition often take over, at Commencal we still believe in fun!

We love climbing on our bikes but what we really want is to send it big on the way down. We’re not talking about race lines here, we’re talking about big lines, the ones that require "balls" as we like to say!

For those who want to ride harder and also for those who think that having fun is more important than a fast time, the Supreme SX is for you, it is for us."
—Yoann Barelli

p5pb14956094.jpg

Commencal says that they have been working on this one for well over a year, and it's hard to believe that photos aren't plastered on the interweb, considering that the prototype, with its HPP high-pivot swingarm and anti-chain-growth roller guide has been on the trails since the Meta AM V4.2 and Supreme DH V4.2 were released. Commencal's HPP rear suspension has already proven itself on the World Cup DH circuit, and now, the bomb-hole eating high-pivot configuration has been adapted to create a 180-millimeter-travel chassis that is much more gravity capable than the Andorran brand's Meta V4 range. Commencal posts the $3,699 USD Supreme SX as an enduro machine in their "official" white paper, but then goes on a rant about how it was actually made to go as big as possible at the bike park, or sail down your local zone's most extreme lines. Oh, and apparently, it's a decent climber too. Check out the official press release below. – RC 

bigquotes-left.pngIn a world where performance and competition often take over, at Commencal we still believe in fun!

We love climbing on our bikes but what we really want is to send it big on the way down. We’re not talking about race lines here, we’re talking about big lines, the ones that require "balls" as we like to say!

For those who want to ride harder and also for those who think that having fun is more important than a fast time, the Supreme SX is for you, it is for us."

—Yoann Barelli

Whenever I see these new downduro bike releases I just wonder where these trails are that will justify them. Then I read comments on international forums, and the sentiment is the same, either people don't have those sort of trials around them that warrants such a bike, or their trails are being dumbed down.

Once you’ve tilted the bike downhill it’s evident just how much more at home the ROSE PIKES PEAK feels on the descents. The long reach takes a bit of getting used to, but once you’ve nailed a few corners you’ll have found a really balanced position so you can let off the brakes. The suspension is super plush without appearing to go anyway near bottoming out, and it keeps its composer on the burliest sections of the trail. The rear shock and FOX 36 up front do a masterful job of rolling capably over hits in quick succession.

http://14761-presscdn-0-15.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Rose-Pikes-Peak-3-EN-First-Ride-Test-MD-009-580x387.jpg

http://14761-presscdn-0-15.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Rose-Pikes-Peak-3-EN-First-Ride-Test-MD-002-1-1140x760.jpg

http://enduro-mtb.com/en/first-ride-review-rose-pikes-peak-en/

http://14761-presscdn-0-15.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Rose-Pikes-Peak-3-EN-First-Ride-Test-CL-003-1-1140x760.jpg

Whenever I see these new downduro bike releases I just wonder where these trails are that will justify them. Then I read comments on international forums, and the sentiment is the same, either people don't have those sort of trials around them that warrants such a bike, or their trails are being dumbed down.

Or unless you live near Whistler, Queenstown, Morzine, Mammoth... Or anywhere with an uplift. "Enduro" is just a sales term here I think.

Edited by Pipsqueak

There are definitely many places around the globe that justify this type of bike. 

It's just a shame that many areas in SA have the elevation for proper gravity riding, but trail building is still very much behind the US and Europe in terms of full utilization of terrain and elevation. 

There are definitely many places around the globe that justify this type of bike. 

It's just a shame that many areas in SA have the elevation for proper gravity riding, but trail building is still very much behind the US and Europe in terms of full utilization of terrain and elevation. 

And in many European and American locations there is infrastructure which was built for ski resorts which are brilliantly converted during summer for gravity orientated riding. Another lekker benefit is catching a ride back to the top with a ski lift, meaning you can blast down much sooner again.

It is such a pity. We have plenty hiking trails, wait there are plenty of abandoned trails on the different mountains that go to the very top around the country which could easily be re purposed for mtb or even better multi purpose trails.