Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so longer by 15mm per size, slightly shorter seat tube, different leverage ratio, and I'd now be perfectly happy on a medium. Which has almost exactly the same measurements as my current large, but a shorter seat tube (5cm) which means possibly longer dropper. IF the revised linkage position means I can drop it more into the frame than mine will currently go. 

Would go for the SX of all the options. 

Giant smoking some serious socks asking $8200 USD for the Advanced 0 that has house brand kit and dropper and an alu rear triangle.

The alu versions seem reasonably priced though. 

yeah... was a bit meh at that. Outgoing advanced 0 had carbon hoops as well. Vs DT alu jobs. 

I've never swung a leg over a Reign, but they've always given the impression (visually) that they really wallow in their travel, bobbing all over the trails. 

I've never swung a leg over a Reign, but they've always given the impression (visually) that they really wallow in their travel, bobbing all over the trails. 

Nope. Not in the slightest. 

Wait - with the standard high volume can (deboner) and if you're a big fellow, then yeah. You needed to run stupid high pressure to run the right amount of sag. The difference going to the standard air can was night and day. But it's super stable, not at all wallowy and loves the air. I, however, need to learn to love the air.... 

It was mostly a combination of the stock monarch tune and debonair air can. If you're not heavy, it was fine. It was pretty well documented on the giant reign owners thread...

Kinda like how it performed "better" when in trail mode on the shock, cos it needed more mid stroke support due to the bigger air can.

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Giant seem to have a Spaz esque belief in the value of their high end models which are a rip off no matter the bike. Lower down it gets better but still...

Cannondales new Jeckyl comes in at far less for a very light full carbon bike and by all accounts its brilliant. 

Keep it Giant. 

Giant seem to have a Spaz esque belief in the value of their high end models which are a rip off no matter the bike. Lower down it gets better but still...

Cannondales new Jeckyl comes in at far less for a very light full carbon bike and by all accounts its brilliant. 

Keep it Giant. 

Look, unlike Giant, people purchase Spaz sworks by their thousands in SA...

Look, unlike Giant, people purchase Spaz sworks by their thousands in SA...

Because they live under the false belief that the S-Works version is a somehow vastly superior bike to the lower down models. It's all about the name, though. 

"I don't ride a Specialized; I ride an S-Works." 

Because they live under the false belief that the S-Works version is a somehow vastly superior bike to the lower down models. It's all about the name, though. 

"I don't ride a Specialized; I ride an S-Works." 

YOU'RE preaching to the converted...bwhahahaaaaaaaaa

TBH I'm not OVERLY impressed with mine. It feels like it gets hung up on roots and is a bit much for what I want from that type of bike. I should have bought something more agile and lighter like a Trance.

For me it's a bike for a "gravity guy" who can only have one bike. SC Nomad, Intense Tracer esque.

If you do own a DH bike I wouldn't get one.

On a side note. Rode a Tracer this weekend. OHMAHGAAAAHDDD!!!!! Better than an S Works Enduro.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

On a side note. Rode a Tracer this weekend. OHMAHGAAAAHDDD!!!!! Better than an S Works Enduro.

They are supposed to be insane. Intense have really come back into the scene in a big way this year after seemly getting lost in the industry for a few years. The original Tracer was an all time favourite.