Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

1. It's in the wrong thread, but I will wait till Fri to take it up with you.

2. Can't say just yet. Will have to take it for a (extended) spin to be able to give you a honest answer. Next weekend will be good for me. 8-ish...

That is fine by me, just leave your latest plastic bike with me while you are out playing with the steel HT :)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

October there's a WP Gravity Enduro and November Dirtopia version at Delheim

I am keen to enter this. Joined the FB page. Confirm one doesn't have need to have done stages one and two to compete?

Edit: Also probably in the wrong thread, but please PM me the answer headshot! Shot :thumbup:

Edited by Big John

I am keen to enter this. Joined the FB page. Confirm one doesn't have need to have done stages one and two to compete?

Edit: Also probably in the wrong thread, but please PM me the answer headshot! Shot :thumbup:

No, you don't need to have done the others

These bikes with the long top tube and nice short stem have got my attention... Very nice indeed

Mondraker and BMC use it a lot

Chris Porter's (owner of Mojo Suspension) bike for Trans Provence (I think):

62.5 deg head angle

Super long top tube and wheelbase

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1411053428.783967.jpg

The bike will obviously be super stable going down. Just not so sure about the look. That front wheel is like a mile in front of the handlebars. The latest Enduro bikes is just becoming too "chopper" for my liking. But like I said, practically it obviously works, but visually it doesn't do it for me.

The bike will obviously be super stable going down. Just not so sure about the look. That front wheel is like a mile in front of the handlebars. The latest Enduro bikes is just becoming too "chopper" for my liking. But like I said, practically it obviously works, but visually it doesn't do it for me.

I agree, and I think with a head angle like that, steep, rocky climbs will be extremely difficult. For SA enduros, I believe 140-150mm of travel is enough with a head angle of 67-68. A rider's skill will make up for the rest.

Chris Porter's (owner of Mojo Suspension) bike for Trans Provence (I think):

62.5 deg head angle

Super long top tube and wheelbase

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1411053428.783967.jpg

unless he had that frame specifically built thats not a 62.5 HA

the website says 67.5 for the HA

which, for that bike, is plenty, espically since they still have the dune if you want something a little more burly pro, and i assume, slacker.

probably just a typo :/

If you go onto the MBR website they have some articles by Porter where he discusses his geo theory and riding experiences.

unless he had that frame specifically built thats not a 62.5 HA

the website says 67.5 for the HA

which, for that bike, is plenty, espically since they still have the dune if you want something a little more burly pro, and i assume, slacker.

probably just a typo :/

No, its not an error, he has these things made up for him I think. As I said check MBR for the details. I think its horses for courses. There are times on a DH track that I wish my bike was higher in front and more slacked out than its 67 deg but on anything like normal trail riding its more than adequate and climbs anything...

I agree, and I think with a head angle like that, steep, rocky climbs will be extremely difficult. For SA enduros, I believe 140-150mm of travel is enough with a head angle of 67-68. A rider's skill will make up for the rest.

Absolutely. The bikes are currently developing at a rate of knots, and all of the developments make it easier to negotiate the tech stuff. Which is cool, but in the same breath I'm also thinking, aren't they dumbing the sport down? In stead of the riders becoming more competent, they are rather relying on better equipment? Not sure. 

Absolutely. The bikes are currently developing at a rate of knots, and all of the developments make it easier to negotiate the tech stuff. Which is cool, but in the same breath I'm also thinking, aren't they dumbing the sport down? In stead of the riders becoming more competent, they are rather relying on better equipment? Not sure.

If i put you into ken block's car, would you suddenly be able to drive like him?