Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

Anybody had a look at/have experience of the FM208 from Dengfu? Looks like it's been modelled around the Tarmac. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to get myself the FM208.... and your right its an allmost identical copy of the Tarmac. Thing is its pricey (i think it was $850) and with shipping and all the rest + exchange rate it will cost to much... so i didnt buy it.

But if you do...please post it her mate!  :thumbup:

Guys I decided to try the Yoeleo 

The options are the older model

http://www.yoeleobike.com/carbon-wheels-700c-clincher-50mm.html

With

Hub Novatec A291SB / F482SB 

Aero Bladed Spokes 494 

Width 23mm

Price $575

and the newer one,seems like to be the best one they made so far with top components as spokes/hubs

http://www.yoeleobike.com/yoeleo-c50-red-clincher-road-racing-wheelset.html

With

Hub DT SWISS 240S (only the hub is $230)

Sapim CX-Ray Spokes

Width 23mm

Price : $990

With normal hub $ 760

Should I go with the older model and save some money to just get the best they got?another options would be get the newer model with the hub they provide so save $230. 

What would you suggest?

Don't you think $990 is a bit steep? Just under 12k and that's before tax :thumbdown:

At $575 I'd go for it!!

I remember why I brought in my own frame. It was the bang for buck which I was getting :thumbup:

Just my 2c. Im also on the look out for a new 38mm wheel set. Will be following closely :clap:

Don't you think $990 is a bit steep? Just under 12k and that's before tax :thumbdown:

At $575 I'd go for it!!

I remember why I brought in my own frame. It was the bang for buck which I was getting :thumbup:

Just my 2c. Im also on the look out for a new 38mm wheel set. Will be following closely :clap:

Yes it's is expensive,not cheap to be chinese wheels I have to say,but the seller is telling me that the components used are the best one so I don't know,I'm not really an expert 

Hi Guys

I finally have the bucks to replace my stolen Deng Fu (the one I rode twice :cursing:)

I'm trying to find more info on the frame that JGR and Shaper bought (the copy of the Dogma F8.)  I've read from page 127 to 133 of this thread to try find a model number or manufacturer, but not found anything. Where did you guys find this frame?

Thanks

Edited by GaryvdM

Yes it's is expensive,not cheap to be chinese wheels I have to say,but the seller is telling me that the components used are the best one so I don't know,I'm not really an expert 

I have some 50mm rims built on Chris King hubs with proper spokes. Dream set of hubs but the rims don't do them justice overall. Had them just over a year but just moved to disc brakes and decided to go brand for the rims.

My advice, go cheap otherwise there is no point buying Chinese. The quality difference on road rims is much larger than on frames and other components.

So to spend $900+ dollars on a set of Chinese wheels and have to import them yourself is just silly.

I have some 50mm rims built on Chris King hubs with proper spokes. Dream set of hubs but the rims don't do them justice overall. Had them just over a year but just moved to disc brakes and decided to go brand for the rims.

My advice, go cheap otherwise there is no point buying Chinese. The quality difference on road rims is much larger than on frames and other components.

So to spend $900+ dollars on a set of Chinese wheels and have to import them yourself is just silly.

That is sound advice.

They are making the wheels seem more upmarket by putting in better hubs and spokes.

Personally If I was spending that amount of money on hubs they would be CK, but then as was mentioned the rims wont do them justice.

What you said makes sense at this point should I go cheap at get the older model at $575 and see how it goes or the newer with normal but at $760?

Also the newer wheels are a bit lighter

What you said makes sense at this point should I go cheap at get the older model at $575 and see how it goes or the newer with normal but at $760?

Also the newer wheels are a bit lighter

Chinese carbon wheels are supposed to be cheap and good value for money.

When you start getting into the more expensive prices $700+ then it might be time to start looking at the brand name stuff.

Chinese carbon wheels are supposed to be cheap and good value for money.

When you start getting into the more expensive prices $700+ then it might be time to start looking at the brand name stuff.

Was thinking the same. The fast forward Celeste are just a bit more and look great with my Bianchi at this point would have been worth to get those instead of the Chinese one.

Will get the wheels soon guys and let you know how it goes

Was thinking the same. The fast forward Celeste are just a bit more and look great with my Bianchi at this point would have been worth to get those instead of the Chinese one.

Will get the wheels soon guys and let you know how it goes

At the end of the day you need something that you will be happy with and feel proud of.

Also we need pics!

Hi Guys

I finally have the bucks to replace my stolen Deng Fu (the one I rode twice :cursing:)

I'm trying to find more info on the frame that JGR and Shaper bought (the copy of the Dogma F8.)  I've read from page 127 to 133 of this thread to try find a model number or manufacturer, but not found anything. Where did you guys find this frame?

Thanks

Hi Gary

I bought my frame off AliExpress from Speed Bicycle, here their online shop http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1317057

To be honest, I think any of the shops on Aliexpress are just that and not the manufacturers of the frames as when you order it can take a month before it is issued, so I assume they then order off the manufacturer as per your order.

Not sure who JGR ordered off but am very happy with my F8 frame.  

The only issue that have had is with the grub screw bolts for the seat post (cannot tighten them enough), I changed those for normal bottle cage bolts (but have also heard from the guys I went for a bike fit that there is a similar issue with the real frames).  Otherwise the carbon is solid, well built and rides great

Hope this helps

Edited by shaper

I wanted to get myself the FM208.... and your right its an allmost identical copy of the Tarmac. Thing is its pricey (i think it was $850) and with shipping and all the rest + exchange rate it will cost to much... so i didnt buy it.

But if you do...please post it her mate!  :thumbup:

How about this 2015 newest super light road frame CS-082? the price will be at 610-630usd/set for frame,fork,seatpost together. the weight is about 875+-30g for 52cm, it have size 46/49/52/54/58cm available, only with BB86mm.

post-53172-0-60965100-1427359116_thumb.jpg

post-53172-0-44986600-1427359159_thumb.jpg

post-53172-0-40004500-1427359187_thumb.jpg

That aint good to hear  :thumbdown:

What is the other local company with really beautiful wheels as well? I cant for the life of me remember their name. :cursing:

Corse wheels.

Available from Epic BIke shop And William's Bike Shop