Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

Hi guys I'm interested in buying myself a set of Chinese carbon wheels. Who do you recommend is the best seller to buy from?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys I'm interested in buying myself a set of Chinese carbon wheels. Who do you recommend is the best seller to buy from?

DarkHorseWheels, definitely worth dealing with rather than importing yourself.

Black Spade. I have 2 fantastic sets!

What's happened to Collin?

Is the brand still around?

Didn't see many BS wheels or frames at Ironman.

Judging by the last for sale thread I saw from him in the classifieds it looked like he was leaving SA. Been a while since I saw any activity from him.

he's emigrated to dubai i think, still has shares in BSR i think.

BSR no operating out of The Handle Bar. Still very much in operation!

I bought one about 3 years ago from dengfu and absolutely loved it.

If my wife didn't tell me to sell it then I would still be riding it.

FLYXII 26er, 15inch frame, 1 x 9, 10.3 kg

I completed this build for my son, the frame, seat post, and headset is from Flyxii. I was planning to build it as a 2 x 10 set up, but because the frame is so bulky around the BB area the front derailleur was too high on the frame to work probably. So I used some old parts and set it up as a 1 x 9 with a 32 front ring and 12 – 36 cassette.  I ordered most parts from the German online website bike-discount.de.

Attached are a few photos and a spec sheet to show what the cost will be for a similar build.

post-53742-0-98121200-1428492677_thumb.jpg

post-53742-0-48148000-1428492685_thumb.jpg

post-53742-0-11750000-1428492693_thumb.jpg

post-53742-0-33799000-1428492696_thumb.jpg

post-53742-0-04110600-1428492703_thumb.jpg

post-53742-0-55085200-1428492706_thumb.jpg

Bike Build.pdf

FLYXII 26er, 15inch frame, 1 x 9, 10.3 kg

I completed this build for my son, the frame, seat post, and headset is from Flyxii. I was planning to build it as a 2 x 10 set up, but because the frame is so bulky around the BB area the front derailleur was too high on the frame to work probably. So I used some old parts and set it up as a 1 x 9 with a 32 front ring and 12 – 36 cassette.  I ordered most parts from the German online website bike-discount.de.

Attached are a few photos and a spec sheet to show what the cost will be for a similar build.

Seeing this ... i wish i was a boy still! would love to cruise with that in the high streets...hehehe  :thumbup:

Anybody with a extra 50 mm carbon rim (rim only) please let me know. I busted my rear rim in a pothole and need to replace

Too lazy to read the gazillion page thread here.

I need some carbon MTB rims - wider AM rims. Anyone know where I can get some locally at a good price rather than trying to run the gamut of importing this through the Post Office.

Too lazy to read the gazillion page thread here.

I need some carbon MTB rims - wider AM rims. Anyone know where I can get some locally at a good price rather than trying to run the gamut of importing this through the Post Office.

DarkHorseWheels

for all the potholes ... thats the only reason i havent joined the carbon wheel club yet! Dont want to see 7K crack on a road that should be nicely surfaced.