Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

Right so pulled the trigger on the following boys, try and deal with "amy" if you guys want something from them. Very helpfull

http://www.carbonali...r-mtb/gaea.html

FSA headset

2 x extra hangers

1 matt carbon spacer kit

final amount R5959.00 for those that are interested.

Give us some details

- Did you go with 3K,12K,UD

- Add a colour to the frame

keen to see it!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Give us some details

- Did you go with 3K,12K,UD

- Add a colour to the frame

keen to see it!

UD matt finish....17" size wise, BSA bottom bracket

No colours or paint jobs, just straight black

Already made decals for her.....only paid them about an hour ago but from what I can see I will wait about 1-2 weeks for it to arrive.

Can't wait myself :clap:

I have 2 FM066 frames to clear.

54cm BSA and 58cm BB30.

R6,000 delivered to you.

Includes carbon fork, carbon seat post, headset, spare hanger.

we wait :thumbup:

Cant seem to load images - what the heck am i doing wrong.

What is one supposed to write in the block where it says URL if I want to load a pic from my desktop?

Edited by JGR

Cant seem to load images - what the heck am i doing wrong.

What is one supposed to write in the block where it says URL if I want to load a pic from my desktop?

Can't load URL from desktop, you need to go to more reply options bottom right of the reply box, then attach files.

I have 2 FM066 frames to clear.

54cm BSA and 58cm BB30.

R6,000 delivered to you.

Includes carbon fork, carbon seat post, headset, spare hanger.

Thats a great deal! I don't suppose you have any FM098 or equivalents that you need to clear.

g

Finally, Thanks for the assistance x 2.

Build from parts from hubbers and the help of a hubber (Big thanks to Mr Booth). Still want to upgrade the stem and bars but that can wait a little while.

post-23299-0-63981500-1372067125_thumb.jpg

Edited by JGR

UD matt finish....17" size wise, BSA bottom bracket

No colours or paint jobs, just straight black

Already made decals for her.....only paid them about an hour ago but from what I can see I will wait about 1-2 weeks for it to arrive.

Can't wait myself :clap:

UD always looks brilliant! Keep us posted

UD always looks brilliant! Keep us posted

Will do, some feedback after paying them this morning...love the engrish

Hi Warren Roux,

We had recived your payment, thanks!~~

We will ship all goods to you tomorrow and tell you the tracking number when I get from our EMS express agency.

Have a nice day!~~

Thanks and regards,

Amy Shi

Yea, but also I like the fact that the rear brake cable routing is still outside, some of the other frames have it internally. Also lekker light and the geometry is almost a hybrid between my emd and santa cruz's highball. Look it might be a total dog, but I won't know if I don't try. Depending how this goes I might bring in more carbon stuff from china.

I also like that the brake cable routing is external. Only thing I don't like is the cable routing under the down tube. Much prefer it under the top tube. Otherwise a sick frame. And matte UD is a great choice.

I also like that the brake cable routing is external. Only thing I don't like is the cable routing under the down tube. Much prefer it under the top tube. Otherwise a sick frame. And matte UD is a great choice.

Would have been first prize, but not a train smash since I run full cable outers and frequently change them to different colours.

I will post frequent update here for okes that want to go the direct route. It does seem quite daunting cause you are still paying loads of cash to someone on the other side of the world. So with that in mind...

Step 1...choose you frame and geometry you like. Used a spreadsheet @morwa posted on the previous chinarello thread, bigups to him for that

CarbonFrame_Rev7.zip

Once you have selected your frame based on geometry and looks...

Step 2....go to said chinese bike site and initiate contact with however is available either by Skype or email....Make sure to order 2 extra hangers in your order. in the event you need to replace yours....they are cheap as chips 5 odd dollars, so just order a couple while you are at it, also make sure of sizes based on geometry info + bottom bracket type and paint schemes(I went bsa bottom bracket and matt UD carbon finish)...also now you can "pimp your order" so to speak with add-ons....handlebars, headsets, seatposts, forks, bottlecages...hey you might even be able to sell some of the stuff once landed in SA to cover your shipping to a degree. Rigid mtb 29er forks as an example. The end result will be an invoice from the company and payment details. The cost of everything = price of the goods + shipping + paypal commision(4% I think)

Edited by rouxtjie

Step 3....Pay the people via PayPal...easy as pie....go to paypal, create an account(which is free), link your credit card and pay to the paypal account on your invoice. Took less than 20min. If you bank with FNB, its even easier I believe.

I got Ami confirm the payment and Step 4 of tracking the parcel via EMS is in process now....will give feedback as time goes by.

Edited by rouxtjie

The fact that you used paypal, your money is protected by the User Agreement in the event you do not receive your items or are not as described.

https://cms.paypal.c...cale.x=en_US#13.

13. Protection for Buyers.

13.1 Types of Problems Covered. PayPal Purchase Protection (also known as PayPal Buyer Protection) helps you if you encounter either of these problems:

1. You did not receive the item you paid for with PayPal – “Item Not Received” (INR), or

2. You received an item you paid for with PayPal but it is “Significantly Not as Described” (SNAD) (as described below)

If your problem is a transaction that you did not authorize, please use this form to report the unauthorized transaction.

An item is “Significantly Not as Described” if it is materially different from what the Seller described in the item listing. Here are some examples:

1. You received a completely different item. For example, you purchased a book and received a DVD or an empty box.

2. The condition of the item was misrepresented. For example, the description when you bought the item said “new” and the item was used.

3. The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.

4. The item is missing major parts or features which were not disclosed in its description when you bought the item.

5. You purchased three items from a Seller but only received two.

6. The item was damaged during shipment.

An item is not Significantly Not as Described if it is materially similar to the Seller’s item listing description. Here are some examples:

1. The defect in the item was correctly described by the Seller.

2. The item was properly described but you didn't want it after you received it.

3. The item was properly described but did not meet your expectations.

4. The item has minor scratches and was listed as used condition.

So you are not really rsiking anything with regard to payment as there is a protection plan in place if the seller is signed up to paypal

Edited by shaper