Meezo

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at these:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=321098041808

Anyone bought from carbon speed cycles before?

Yes. I responded to your other post. I bought from them. Tubbies and Clinchers both 50mm check the Chinese carbon wheel thread. Has the claimed weight I've even posted some pics. Person i spoke/dealth with was Lee Ave.

Mail them from Ebay check signature if not above then almost 99.9999% sure its flyxii

Yes. I responded to your other post. I bought from them. Tubbies and Clinchers both 50mm check the Chinese carbon wheel thread. Has the claimed weight I've even posted some pics. Person i spoke/dealth with was Lee Ave.

Mail them from Ebay check signature if not above then almost 99.9999% sure its flyxii

Awesome thanks very much! Didn't see your previous response!

Glad to hear that you are enjoying them. I have a lightweight set of tubbies, but for things such as multistage races these wheels would be brilliant.

Has anyone bought the frame HF-FM139 from HongFu, - about to push the order button

Also going to include from Carbon rims (56mm Aero Rims) :clap:

Anyone had a frame painted by HongFu, wanting them to do a custom paint job for me?

http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/pic/big/293_0.jpg

Are you ordering clincher or tubbies? Please post some pics and a review in the chinese wheel thread once you are on the road. I am also keen on the same rims, but in 86mm

What is the difference between the Carbonality, Flyxii and all the other mtb 29er frames?

Is the quality the same?

Warranty?

Are you ordering clincher or tubbies? Please post some pics and a review in the chinese wheel thread once you are on the road. I am also keen on the same rims, but in 86mm

Sure will do going to order the Clinchers, i quick like the standard UAM branding so going to go with those. Will def post pics, although will be a while as i am going to collect on my next trip so will only have them end Sept :whistling:

What is the difference between the Carbonality, Flyxii and all the other mtb 29er frames?

Is the quality the same?

Warranty?

From the much I've read and the little knowledge I've got. They all come out of the same factory... But no one can confirm this. We had some nice shots of inside the dengfu factory. I posted also the visit some Aussie had with dengfu or hongfu.

No quality is not the same. "Apparently" . Famous words on this thread, you get what you paid for.....

Yes, some suppliers like most companies all have different "policies" in this case warranty. Some of them handle it better than others. Just like we got here, except SA(not just SA) service delivery sucks!!!

Sure will do going to order the Clinchers, i quick like the standard UAM branding so going to go with those. Will def post pics, although will be a while as i am going to collect on my next trip so will only have them end Sept :whistling:

And when you done with your build, give us your review with some pics of the complete bike too

Has anyone bought the frame HF-FM139 from HongFu, - about to push the order button

Also going to include from Carbon rims (56mm Aero Rims) :clap:

Anyone had a frame painted by HongFu, wanting them to do a custom paint job for me?

http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/pic/big/293_0.jpg

Also been looking at this frame from Hongfu got a quote of $500(Including headset) shipping of $90. Not sure if they have them readily available though, was told that from when I place the order there will be a month waiting time... Is this the norm for ordering frames from them? Edited by JJACK

What frame you looking at getting?

I might be able to get you the FM066 ?

Where can you get a FM066? might be interested in one.

Where can you get a FM066? might be interested in one.

Could get.... Pm Rob from booth bikes carbon29er here on thehub

I'm thinking about upgrading to some Chinese carbon sometime. I have some questions.

What advantages are there to a std road frame, e.g. HF-FM066, compared to a aero frame like HF-FM139? I though the aero frames would be heaver, but that seems not to be the case.

Whats the deal with the integrated seat post frames. I assume you have to cut them to length, and if you cut them to short, you are screwed. What are the advantages? More aero? Stronger?

I'm thinking about upgrading to some Chinese carbon sometime. I have some questions.

What advantages are there to a std road frame, e.g. HF-FM066, compared to a aero frame like HF-FM139? I though the aero frames would be heaver, but that seems not to be the case.

Whats the deal with the integrated seat post frames. I assume you have to cut them to length, and if you cut them to short, you are screwed. What are the advantages? More aero? Stronger?

Advantages between the 2 frames above, the best bet would be to go onto rbr and read reviews on these frame, make up your own opinion. We don't have much of them riding around here for the review. Yes, technology, and yes even chinese technology has moved on, so their aero frames can be quite light.

Integrated seatpost from what I've read/heard are/can be stiffer and most ISP frames are lighter than the said non ISP frames. I was twayfiling with the idea, but if ever i resell i will be screwed, the weight gain wasn't an excuse enough for, but the ISP looks nicer IMO. Stiffer, well not on that level that i think i will notice, same like the BB30 and GXP.

Remember most importantly, its your bike, whether you want it aero/light/sexy its entirely up to you, get the FM098 from DengFu, its a bit of all.... and i have one, and absolutely love it!!! :clap:

Hi All

Are the chinese imported non-original frames currently doing the rounds any good? Does anyone have any first hand experience with them?

Thanks

Edited by Admin
Merged with thread on the subject