Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

Hi Guys,

Please can i have your input.. i was going to order a Aero road frame from Hongfu but someone told me that they had some minor issues with the quality. He got a slight hair crack on the seat post (not sure if its through)

and also that when he's climbing it feels that the frame slides side to side… like if it would slide from under you.

Anybody have the same experience? this is a FM139

I Have the first version of this frame, the 039. Great bike, stiff and hard, build quility is great for the price you pay, in 3 years I have had no problems and have over 20k km on it.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

great news…hope the new version is just as good! As i read its a lot of bike for the price.. but i want to have a smooth ride also.

Anyone planning a Dengfu order soon? Want a fm098, shipping is rough! Wouldn't mind sharing... Pm me! I'm in Gauteng so that would simplify things...

Anyone planning a Dengfu order soon? Want a fm098, shipping is rough! Wouldn't mind sharing... Pm me! I'm in Gauteng so that would simplify things...

Is there not an alliexpress store? I bought 2 flyii 202 frames from Carbon Matt store on alliexpress frames where R3500 each, including shipping

Anybody know of a good alloy frame builder/supplier from the east? I heard that the cannon dale caad frames are very very light.. was wondering where i can get a blank frame from china or taiwan..?

Anybody's chinese frame, handlebar or wheels crack or break with disastrous consequences?

Not trying to be malicious just curious.

Julle weet mos ek's a Spez fan. FYI SL4 had a number of failures of their steerer tube and there were recalls.

Also Mavic R-sys recalled their front wheels of the first batch after a few failures.

Anybody care to share?

dillon… have you been riding them yet? If so have any comments on them?

b

Been riding them for 5 months 6000kms, rocks, jumps, mud, no problems at all. We built wheels with ebay spokes, novatec hubs, and R250 rims, which have been bullet proof. Well worth the money spent

I have been having a look on Ali-Express and there is something that is confusing me.

There seem to be a few items selling for way below what you would expect even on the chinese stuff. I would immediately assume that it is not legit (even for known fake)....but...

Ali-Express has a Buyer protection guarantee which offers a full refund if the goods are not up to scratch.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

I have been having a look on Ali-Express and there is something that is confusing me.

There seem to be a few items selling for way below what you would expect even on the chinese stuff. I would immediately assume that it is not legit (even for known fake)....but...

Ali-Express has a Buyer protection guarantee which offers a full refund if the goods are not up to scratch.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Like this ?

12 60.1 pinarello dogma road bike bicycle fullcarbon frame 50cm

xiaoting fang

US $104.61 / piece

Shipping: US $61.48 / piece via Fedex IE

Add to Wish List

just over $100

Edited by BLACKvoodoo

Anybody's chinese frame, handlebar or wheels crack or break with disastrous consequences?

Not trying to be malicious just curious.

Julle weet mos ek's a Spez fan. FYI SL4 had a number of failures of their steerer tube and there were recalls.

Also Mavic R-sys recalled their front wheels of the first batch after a few failures.

Anybody care to share?

Hi,

i have read maybe 5000 posts on them… and can't say theres really frames that break.. there are the odd break but thats due to crashes so can't say i have ever read about a frame just snapping in half. But as in life anything is possible.. best is do some research and you'll get the idea whats better quality than others. Everywhere you'll find people thats good in what they do and people thats not… just find the right supplier thats got decent engineers. but that said everyone seems very happy..not to even mention the small change you'll be paying for it.

Edited by Rider3000

Something like that...

Even a fake Dogma frame would sell for $500 plus. I don't get these super cheap ones.

Are they fake fakes?