Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

Erm... no. That just replaces the easy-to-do-at-home remote bleed. The rest of the post still needs to be looked after.

This system does give you a much wider choice of levers though.

And easier/quicker bike/frame swops.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sizing is spot on, with good adjustability via Giro's Roc-Loc Air DH mouthful of a retention system. The cheek pads provide for a pretty snug fit. From the little riding with it i've done, it didn't feel warmer than the TLD drone, despite providing more wrap-around coverage. Plenty more riding to be done in much warmer weather. I'll knock out a review then.

Make sure you have a friend or two tagging along.

For every time you respond to a mid climb comment with:

'Sorry what was that? I couldn't hear you.'

You'll have to de-merit the final review by half a star. 

Make sure you have a friend or two tagging along.

For every time you respond to a mid climb comment with:

'Sorry what was that? I couldn't hear you.'

You'll have to de-merit the final review by half a star. 

^_^ Is this your personal experience or hopeful observation? Dont think it will matter much in the end: i'm already half deaf :P

I hear you Capricorn. The amount of ventilation looks pretty similar to similar helmets and like you said the wrap around is the only difference or extra.

Here some pics to get a better perspective

The bell has the mos holes, but the other 2 have larger holes

Can't hear a damn thing with a full face on.

I just nod and chuckle when some one talks to me, or I respond to what I imagined they might have said. If that doesn't work out I just...

giphy.gif

hahhha love that .gif.

one thing is for sure: internally, the giro is not a fullface.

Can't hear a damn thing with a full face on.

I just nod and chuckle when some one talks to me, or I respond to what I imagined they might have said. If that doesn't work out I just...

giphy.gif

Just add goggles

Then No one will talk to you

Worked for me

Edited by mongooser

• 4 weeks later...

I bought some 661 recon knee pads as a lightweight pad to wear on short rides in the belts from home. They weigh 150g a pair and the size L fitted me although they seem a little tight. They are a bit like the G Form pads but  the better looking cousin in the family. 

For some reason i read the paperwork and label in the pads both of which deny that the pads are for protection at all - they are just compression garments they say. How hilarious. They are knee guards on the website and other packaging, but the fine print says they aren't. 

I based my purchase on reviews which obviously mentioned the light weight and protection for minor incidents only, which is why I bought them. 

Anyone have any G Form or Recon horror stories?

I bought some 661 recon knee pads as a lightweight pad to wear on short rides in the belts from home. They weigh 150g a pair and the size L fitted me although they seem a little tight. They are a bit like the G Form pads but  the better looking cousin in the family. 

For some reason i read the paperwork and label in the pads both of which deny that the pads are for protection at all - they are just compression garments they say. How hilarious. They are knee guards on the website and other packaging, but the fine print says they aren't. 

I based my purchase on reviews which obviously mentioned the light weight and protection for minor incidents only, which is why I bought them. 

Anyone have any G Form or Recon horror stories?

Jip, on our Morzine trip in 2014 the one rider with G-Form kneepads spent 5 days in the chalet with a heavily lacerated knee.  Pads looked like nothing was wrong, except an obvious spot where some shale punctured and ripped him apart.  Was on a fire road too if a recall. NOthing gnarly.

Jip, on our Morzine trip in 2014 the one rider with G-Form kneepads spent 5 days in the chalet with a heavily lacerated knee.  Pads looked like nothing was wrong, except an obvious spot where some shale punctured and ripped him apart.  Was on a fire road too if a recall. NOthing gnarly.

Ja. Those G Forms are GREAT. Until you actually need a kneepad.