Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

Maybe RockShox revives the Totem, 40 mm stanchions should be plenty stiff.

I could have sworn some of the SID's I saw was looking pretty solid. This thing makes the fox 32 Stepcast look anorexic.

Yet on the other end of things FOX is about to release the 38 Enduro fork and RS is still on their 35mm Lyric. One question might be that by the upper end of the scale, its stiff enough and that we dont need even stiffer Enduro forks which might beat you up even more? 

https://off.road.cc/content/news/2021-fox-38-long-travel-enduro-fork-specs-details

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sacrilege!

Gram counting on the fork, but running kg tires. I'm running one myself, but on a trailbike. :)

Wait until you leaning into a turn and before you even get over to sling the apex, you ardents give way!! Nothing wrong with having all the grip upfront and little to zero at the back. Drift drift drift

Wait until you leaning into a turn and before you even get over to sling the apex, you ardents give way!! Nothing wrong with having all the grip upfront and little to zero at the back. Drift drift drift

Those EXO sidewalls are not the same as the EXO on the gravity tyres by a long shot. I burped ardent Race's on the rear, time and time again. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody perhaps have experience with the Leatt DBX 2.0 and 4.0 winter jackets?

With winter approaching I needed a new jacket and thought i will look around for some specials floating about.

• 1 month later...

My enduro bike had a not so slow leak and I battled to try and seal it / change the tape blablabla unsuccessfully and with this lockdown impossible to find wide enough tape for those rims (obviously I finished the one I used for my XC bike and it didn't work out)...

In the meantime I cleaned up the garage, completely forgot that my wheel was off of my bike tyreless, and threw away the old tyres that were standing there....including a not so old (not to say almost new) DHR that was supposed to go back on my wheel once that issue sorted....

My question is : where would you order online for rim tape and a DHF (or any other suggestion for a decent front enduro tyre in 29x2.4) ? Evobikes is selling them for 990 bucks, I'd like something more reasonnable I remember paying something like 650 for that tyre I threw in the bin after probably 200km  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:

EDIT : ok found on bike-addict a DHFII for 690 and 28mm rim tape, that should do ! (order pending confirmation)

Edited by Jbr

• 4 months later...

Anyone keeping tabs on the EWS PB Fantasy League. That Christofison oke is way out in front on the Bikehub League. Maes let me down big time, and none of us are going to win the bike. 

Anyone keeping tabs on the EWS PB Fantasy League. That Christofison oke is way out in front on the Bikehub League. Maes let me down big time, and none of us are going to win the bike. 

Bra, I also gave up. This is probably the wrong thread for this but anyway...I had such a sick team selected, based on value for money from the previous seasons results. Then when round 1 eventually came, 4 of my 6 riders weren't attending and I didn't have time to do more research so I just winged it. I didn't even bother to swap any out for round 2 and probably won't for the Finale either. I'm too busy with organising for the Witfontein Funduro.

Edited by Christofison

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...