Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys

I'm looking for some long sleeve tops that have some space for elbow pads under the sleeve. Any suggestions?

Thanks

https://mxalliance.co.za

They have a good selection...and quicker than amazone

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know where in Gauteng I can possibly find the Ion K-pact knee pads to try on for size?

Does anybody know where in Gauteng I can possibly find the Ion K-pact knee pads to try on for size?

I bought the K-Traze Amp (Zip) knee pads without trying them on. Measured above and below the knee which put me squarely in a size large. I have to fasten the top strap a bit on the tight side to keep them up. Left me wondering if a medium would have been better.

post-59129-0-12972400-1584337746_thumb.jpg

How does one decide on what to wear for back protection? I've had a small back op 2 years ago so would like to avoid another one if i can. Are they compulsory for RSA enduro races as in europe?

No, not compulsory as mentioned. I ride with a Camelback KUDU with built in back protection, but many other companies like IXS, Leatt etc also makes specific back protector shirts / vests, e.g.

https://ixs.com/en/bike/mtb-equipment/armours/1459/carve-upper-body-protective-grey

or

https://www.leatt.com/shop/bike/protection-gear/upper-body-protection-3df-soft-shell/body-vest-3df-airfit22.html

I bought the K-Traze Amp (Zip) knee pads without trying them on. Measured above and below the knee which put me squarely in a size large. I have to fasten the top strap a bit on the tight side to keep them up. Left me wondering if a medium would have been better.

Thats why i want to preferably try on for size, i also seem to fall on the size limits for most brands according to there size charts

Some "NORMAL" bike news not relating to any virus or cancellation for a change..

https://www.vitalmtb.com/product/guide/Forks,33/RockShox/SID-Ultimate,29505#product-reviews/3799

We Ride the All-New RockShox SID Ultimate

The all-new and very blue 2021 RockShox SID is a featherweight fighter that goes round for round with the welterweights.

Rating:  VITAL REVIEW
s1600_s1600_SIDa_47478_161642.jpg?158442

For the first time ever, the RockShox SID goes to a 35mm stanchion with the introduction of the 120mm SID Ultimate and SID Select. The jump to a 35mm stanchion is a seemingly natural progression for the fork, considering the capability of even the fastest XC and light trail bikes these days. Vital took receipt of a RockShox SID Ultimate and have logged a few miles as well as dug into the guts of this new cross country fork to see what makes it tick and who may benefit most from this new technology.

fuller_DSC07218_354149.jpg?1584392234

2021 RockShox SID Ultimate Highlights
  • Ultra-slim and trim, entirely new chassis
  • All-new Charger Race Day damper (94g)
  • Updated DebonAir spring
  • 35mm stanchions
  • Travel: 120mm travel only
  • Wheel Size: 29” only
  • Offset: 44mm only
  • Weight: 1,537g (3.4-pounds)
  • Twist-lock remote option available
  • Integrated bolt-on fender
  • New SKF Seals
  • Ultimate High Gloss Black and Signature SID Blue colors
  • MSRP: $899-$969 USD
  • Available March 2020

I could have sworn some of the SID's I saw was looking pretty solid. This thing makes the fox 32 Stepcast look anorexic.

Yet on the other end of things FOX is about to release the 38 Enduro fork and RS is still on their 35mm Lyric. One question might be that by the upper end of the scale, its stiff enough and that we dont need even stiffer Enduro forks which might beat you up even more? 

https://off.road.cc/content/news/2021-fox-38-long-travel-enduro-fork-specs-details

Some "NORMAL" bike news not relating to any virus or cancellation for a change..

https://www.vitalmtb.com/product/guide/Forks,33/RockShox/SID-Ultimate,29505#product-reviews/3799

We Ride the All-New RockShox SID Ultimate

The all-new and very blue 2021 RockShox SID is a featherweight fighter that goes round for round with the welterweights.

Rating:  VITAL REVIEW
s1600_s1600_SIDa_47478_161642.jpg?158442

For the first time ever, the RockShox SID goes to a 35mm stanchion with the introduction of the 120mm SID Ultimate and SID Select. The jump to a 35mm stanchion is a seemingly natural progression for the fork, considering the capability of even the fastest XC and light trail bikes these days. Vital took receipt of a RockShox SID Ultimate and have logged a few miles as well as dug into the guts of this new cross country fork to see what makes it tick and who may benefit most from this new technology.

fuller_DSC07218_354149.jpg?1584392234

2021 RockShox SID Ultimate Highlights
  • Ultra-slim and trim, entirely new chassis
  • All-new Charger Race Day damper (94g)
  • Updated DebonAir spring
  • 35mm stanchions
  • Travel: 120mm travel only
  • Wheel Size: 29” only
  • Offset: 44mm only
  • Weight: 1,537g (3.4-pounds)
  • Twist-lock remote option available
  • Integrated bolt-on fender
  • New SKF Seals
  • Ultimate High Gloss Black and Signature SID Blue colors
  • MSRP: $899-$969 USD
  • Available March 2020

now that is cool!

I also really like that it is only coming in 120mm travel!

Edited by Hairy

Yes but this toolset in the wrong hands would mean exactly that.

a plonker would generally not attempt a brake bleed anyway ... and if there is a complete plonker doing the brake bleed and completely messes things up, and does not test the brakes before a ride ... well then at least we have one less plonker in the world!

Nice. I recently bought the Quaxar Sram Edge bleed kit from Evo Bikes for R225, got a litre of dot 5.1 fluid from Midas for R100 and custom made a bleed block from a bunch of old used pads. Works a charm.

Nothing new man. We used to run DH tyres on XC rigs and more specifically hardtails

Sacrilege!

Gram counting on the fork, but running kg tires. I'm running one myself, but on a trailbike. :)