Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hi gents, My Bell Super R3 is slightly to big for me, causing problems with sunglasses and just a bit to much "play" between my dome and the helmet. 

I am going to the UK next week (black Friday) and have the option of bringing the right size from Halfords, Merlin or CRC. OR, I could get a Leatt locally. 

Has anyone had both and can shed some light on the situation? 

Regards

Hi gents, My Bell Super R3 is slightly to big for me, causing problems with sunglasses and just a bit to much "play" between my dome and the helmet.

I am going to the UK next week (black Friday) and have the option of bringing the right size from Halfords, Merlin or CRC. OR, I could get a Leatt locally.

Regards

I have not had a Leatt helmet but I dig my Bell Super DH. Had one little tumble with it and it did the job nicely and not much to show for it wrt marks on the helmet.

Regards

See if you can get a leatt to test the fit. That'll make the decision easier

• 2 months later...

Where can I find 5 10 shoes in this country ? Couldn't find much on google, except importers websites that I'm not sure I can trust (bikein ?)

Where can I find 5 10 shoes in this country ? Couldn't find much on google, except importers websites that I'm not sure I can trust (bikein ?)

Adidas took over the distribution of Five Ten shoes and they are not bringing them in to SA.  You would probably be better off looking at a shoe in the Ion range or Ride Concept range.  The guys doing Ion is in Blouberg, The Brand Stable, and the shoes get good reviews.  The same with Ride Concept, mostly good reviews is see in the interwebs.

mmmh the Ion shoes seem overpriced compaired to the 5 10s, I'll probably get my family to bring me a pair from europe then, thanks for your answer !

mmmh the Ion shoes seem overpriced compaired to the 5 10s, I'll probably get my family to bring me a pair from europe then, thanks for your answer !

Bahahahahahaha!!! That's funny.... Cos they're actually cheaper. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Bahahahahahaha!!! That's funny.... Cos they're actually cheaper. 

https://www.bikeinn.com/#fq=id_tienda%3A4&search=five+AND+ten&sort=score+desc,order_rec+asc,product(tm4,dispo)+asc&start=0

say you get a pair for 1200 when the ION seem to be 2k+ in store here ?

any cheaper recommandation on good flat pedals shoes then for less than 1,5k ?

If I look on my usual french site they are +/- the same yes https://www.bikester.fr/habillement/chaussures/chaussures-vtt.html you can get a pair for less than 100€ on both brands

https://www.bikeinn.com/#fq=id_tienda%3A4&search=five+AND+ten&sort=score+desc,order_rec+asc,product(tm4,dispo)+asc&start=0

say you get a pair for 1200 when the ION seem to be 2k+ in store here ?

any cheaper recommandation on good flat pedals shoes then for less than 1,5k ?

If I look on my usual french site they are +/- the same yes https://www.bikester.fr/habillement/chaussures/chaussures-vtt.html you can get a pair for less than 100€ on both brands

firstly, you're gonna get whacked on import duties if you ship clothing / shoes in to SA. Locally, five tens are between 2500 and 3000 depending on the source and type. Those ones you've linked to @ 1150 will be 1750 ex shipping once duties and VAT are included. 

Secondly, you can't use online international stores to compare against a local price, without also including the duties and VAT you'll have to pay. Unless you're getting your fam to bring them in, in which case you may need to pay import duties and VAT as well if they get held up at customs. 

Locally, all the shoes are about the same price, with Spaz 2fo's being the cheapest (I think) at 2,200. Locally, ION are cheaper than 5-10. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

:thumbup: thanks for all the info, I'll see if I'm patient enough to wait for my family to come over, or if I spend a bit more to make sure I get a perfect fit locally !

:thumbup: thanks for all the info, I'll see if I'm patient enough to wait for my family to come over, or if I spend a bit more to make sure I get a perfect fit locally !

I'd honestly do the local thing. Speaking from experience, fit is radically different across the diff manufacturers and the last thing you wanna do is order what you think is your size, only for it to be too big / small.