Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

Ate those the hiking / trail running or MTB shoes? The terrex comes in both varieties

Dunno, I think Hiking, as it doesn't have any mtb branding on it. But since it has a decent upper, Stealth rubber and a stiff sole, I think it will go for a pie and a coke.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

says hiking. doesnt the mtb come with vibram soles?

The Adidas branded shoe with biking in mind is the Terrex trail cross.

post-6789-0-26278100-1444537888_thumb.jpg

It's both an approach/hike and biking shoe and has a Stealth rubber sole. The one in PhilipV's post looks like a full on approach shoe with the rubber curling up around the front like that: that one's for the climbers as well. Sole looks thinner too, which could be better for biking than the trail cross (personally, I think the trail cross' sole is too stiff)

Edited by Capricorn

Those shoes are nice but not mtb specific though. They made for hiking.

Not that you can "bike" in them, but somthing more cycling specific...

Edited by Eddy Gordo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The trick is to buy them when you're skinny, and slowly keep putting on weight as time goes on.

In terms of all day... I generally don't wear elbow guards. When I do, I find the G-form ones to be pretty comfy and they should offer ok protection. I have had others but find they slip down very easily

As for knees though, I want something a little more than a magic chamois strapped to my knees. Although that Smartie vs hammer demo tricked me into buying G-form knee guards in the first place, I have subsequently opted for something with a hard cap.

As mentioned before, I realy like my TLD KG 5400s. Can ride in them all day.

I have these... https://www.troyleedesigns.com/products/52700320

After an #enduro 2 weekends ago after my 2nd beer I got asked why I have not removed my knee pads yet...yes they are THAT comfy. I ride up with them in place too.

How do you find the sizing?

I am thinking of ordering a pair....the skin on my knees has finally grown back and i am really fond of it and would like to keep it.

But i see these knee guards come in sizes. I am nervous to buy online due to sizing, but fear i have little choice.

Most of the stuff thats available in xl are sold out all the time.

It doesnt look like they bring in anything that size for a while now.

Get hold of Darren from Shreddtech, very helpful guy. He should be able to advise you on sizing as he is pretty clued up on it.

As mentioned my pants are normally 38, my Royal pants are L.

Shirt normally XL, Royal jersey L.

If I remember correctly, the different ranges within the Royal kit may vary on the fit and sizing but Darren know which are a smaller or bigger cut. He helped me out with sizing and what seemed would be too small was actually perfect.

When in doubt, ask the right people.  :thumbup: