LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

Taking into account the hype around LCHF and the fact that companies like Dischem now has a whole section on LCHF/ banting friendly products, I Just wonder how long it will take (if ever) companies like USN, Powerbar to start producing LCHF energy bars (fat boms).

As far as I can tell it will do quite well considering the success Dischem had with their LCHF products.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking into account the hype around LCHF and the fact that companies like Dischem now has a whole section on LCHF/ banting friendly products, I Just wonder how long it will take (if ever) companies like USN, Powerbar to start producing LCHF energy bars (fat boms).

As far as I can tell it will do quite well considering the success Dischem had with their LCHF products.

Don't know why you'll need that if you're a fatburner but saying that its a great marketing opportunity.

Don't know why you'll need that if you're a fatburner but saying that its a great marketing opportunity.

Multi day events? Eating for day 4,5,etc....

Sure but whats wrong with normal food?

I found that I wasn't replacing as fast as I was using... Stage races don't really seem to cater for the high fat requirements. Or at least the peplett didn't.

DomP. If push came to shove, a 500ml or 1L tub of CO would easily fit into your bag/race box.

It is not "on the go" and doesn't fit into the "active lifestyle." I agree, definitely a marketing opportunity.

Problem is though; if such a product was made, it would be made in such a way to optimize profits. So one can guaranty that the quality of ingredients will be questionable. Also one would complain that the product is too expensive if quality ingredients were used. (That honey sachet here on the hub a month ago is a good example.)

Edited by Helpmytrap

DomP. If push came to shove, a 500ml or 1L tub of CO would easily fit into your bag/race box.

It is not "on the go" and doesn't fit into the "active lifestyle." I agree, definitely a marketing opportunity.

Problem is though; if such a product was made, it would be made in such a way to optimize profits. So one can guaranty that the quality of ingredients will be questionable otherwise one would complain that the product is too expensive. (That honey sachet here on the hub a month ago is a good example.)

HMT are you back riding/racing?

Problem is though; if such a product was made, it would be made in such a way to optimize profits. So one can guaranty that the quality of ingredients will be questionable. Also one would complain that the product is too expensive if quality ingredients were used. (That honey sachet here on the hub a month ago is a good example.)

Agreed. I Should clarify... I probably wouldn't buy their special bars.... I just thought that's where they'd position them. I take plenty of fat with me.

HMT are you back riding/racing?

:offtopic:

No, been busy at varsity. I've probably been on the bike 7 times in the last 2 months. On the plus side I'm enjoying riding again.

:offtopic:

No, been busy at varsity. I've probably been on the bike 7 times in the last 2 months. On the plus side I'm enjoying riding again.

:thumbup:

I guess normal food are always the best and safer option, but things that are wrapped are just so much nicer :whistling:

Hi all. An afternoon tea hosted by Sally-Ann Creed. A great event to consider. Please read booking instructions carefully. Look forward to having you over.

Edited by lovestocycle

• 2 weeks later...

Quick one - what's the view on LCHF for weight/strength training. Is there benefit in taking carbs before a workout?

Edited by riaanb