LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

I usually take half a serving of Titan Isomax Chocolate flavor mixed with 150ml milk, 100ml water, a double shot of espresso and ice after a workout. Great mocha shake. It is very low carbs and I believe it's a good quality protein. It's expensive at R759 for 2kg, but it lasts me pretty long.

http://www.chromeshop.co.za/titan-labs-isomax-2kg.html

After spending ages reading this topic, finally get to the end and now cant find it. 

Which whey powder is ideal for LCHF fatshakes?

Came across this one

http://www.supplementworld.co.za/supplements-sa-whey-protein-concentrate.html

1.7g sugar per 30g serving and 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a long thread....

Any tips for dealing with constipation that seems to happen when leaving out the traditional daily cereal fibre based brekkie and replacing it with a protein / fat bacon and egg brekkie?

Its a long thread....

Any tips for dealing with constipation that seems to happen when leaving out the traditional daily cereal fibre based brekkie and replacing it with a protein / fat bacon and egg brekkie?

For me constipation is cased by 2 things:

1. too much protein ... I loooove biltong, bacon, eggs, etc but too much is a problem.

2. too much 'high density' foods. things like macadamia nuts that provide loads of calories in a small volume.

Answer is usually increase veggies / salad / water / oils - particularly olive oil seems to be the best 'cure".

1. too much protein ... I loooove biltong, bacon, eggs, etc but too much is a problem.

2. too much 'high density' foods. things like macadamia nuts that provide loads of calories in a small volume.

Answer is usually increase veggies / salad / water / oils - particularly olive oil seems to be the best 'cure".

Thanks

Already doing the veggies / salad / water things

Will try increase the oils

Other than as a salad dressinghow else do you increase the oil intake and how much would be to much...you know before reaching the other end of the constipation scale

Other than as a salad dressinghow else do you increase the oil intake and how much would be to much...you know before reaching the other end of the constipation scale

If you want to increase oils, try some of the following:

coconut oil in coffee or dessert or whatever

olive oil in salad ... or if battling with constipation I simply take it medicinally ... 2 tablespoons in the morning and 2 more at lunch time. be carefull with neat olive oil, it is an acquired taste. Look for one with a mild flavour. I like Vesuvius (woolworths) or the local one that comes in a yellow tin - I forget the brand name but it's available from woolworths and PnP.

Avo and macadamia oils are both mild enough to add to most foods.

Cook with butter

Also try making coconut chocolate bombs (coconut oil, nomu powder, macadamia nuts blended together then frozen)- search this thread for recipe.

Edited by DaleE

I'm really struggling at the moment with power output. I went through a time where I honestly felt limitless, but I've hit such a slump that I'm really confused as to what to do with lchf. I've done a few tests with keto sticks, and I'm always in ketosis. I feel fine on rides until I have to push some power up hills (which is usually a strong point). I have a few seconds into big climbs before the legs feel like they just have nothing. I haven't really changed what I'm eating, and I've been pretty strict with lchf eating.

Anyone else go through this kind of slump? I'm really hoping for a silver lining light at the end of the tunnel thing here, because I'm suffering....

I'm really struggling at the moment with power output. I went through a time where I honestly felt limitless, but I've hit such a slump that I'm really confused as to what to do with lchf. I've done a few tests with keto sticks, and I'm always in ketosis. I feel fine on rides until I have to push some power up hills (which is usually a strong point). I have a few seconds into big climbs before the legs feel like they just have nothing. I haven't really changed what I'm eating, and I've been pretty strict with lchf eating.

Anyone else go through this kind of slump? I'm really hoping for a silver lining light at the end of the tunnel thing here, because I'm suffering....

Might not be diet related, when last did you have an easy week or 2, easy meaning a decent reduction in training duration and intensity?

Might not be diet related, when last did you have an easy week or 2, easy meaning a decent reduction in training duration and intensity?

Let's see......

.. Never?

I commute on my single speed, and every day is like a time trial.

You raise a very good point. Perhaps I should take gears and ride very easy for 2 weeks...

Its a long thread....Any tips for dealing with constipation that seems to happen when leaving out the traditional daily cereal fibre based brekkie and replacing it with a protein / fat bacon and egg brekkie?

Yoghurt or probiotics. Find they help me.

Yep, lubricate the pipes like you do your bike...

Olive oil, I also find that brandy helps. 

Have a friend that says "niks poef so glad soos brandewyn nie".

Please tell me more about the KETO sticks, where can I get them?

Its a long thread....

Drink plenty water... my tip

Since I've stuck to 2L per day - everything is going, uhm, nicely

When the need strikes - Fybogel

Edited by Ron Burgundy

Thanks for all the tips re lubrication.....

Luckily its not for me but a rather good friend :whistling:

I eat enough krap to keep the system moving

Can you guys verify something, my urine smells very bad since I have been on this dieet, is it normal or is it something else?