LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

Yep they do taste sweet. My girlfriend makes cheese and we end up with quite a lot of waste whey. It is sweetish but nowhere near as sweet as the commercial powders. I keep it and drink it.

When I don't have any natural whey I have a dried wors or biltong snack rather.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Titan Isomax. Get it at Chrome Supplements.

Hi guys

I'm doing a bit more exercise than I'm used to and I spend the day feeling whacked. I think I'm going to have protein shake before leaving for work.

Any suggestions for a LC whey protein? The ones I've bought in the past have been sweeter than one would imagine whey ptn to be, so I suspect sweetener / sugar of some kind.

Rgds

Dave

Yep they do taste sweet. My girlfriend makes cheese and we end up with quite a lot of waste whey. It is sweetish but nowhere near as sweet as the commercial powders. I keep it and drink it.

When I don't have any natural whey I have a dried wors or biltong snack rather.

The problem with dry wors of biltong in our house is that it is not possible to maintain supply at an equal or greater rate than consumption :)

But drywors or fatty biltong is not a bad idea.

105km yesterday on water.  MTB on mix of tar and gravel.  .

Took a tube of vooma in case, never came close to using it. All in top gear as strength exercise.

Used to do part of this route pre-LC and couldn't complete without camelbak of go-juice.

There was a program on BBC knowledge on Fat v Sugar, did anyone watch it?

No, but would be interested. What was the program called

Would anyone be interested in getting something like macadamia butter in a Ice-pop type of sachet? My dad has a machine.

Will it give me more enerbee?

Add 2 drops of vanilla essence to your fat shake. And leave out the butter (just for a change)

It's a pleasure.

[emoji12]

There was a program on BBC knowledge on Fat v Sugar, did anyone watch it?

I watched it. They only did the test for one month. I do not think that the Fat eater was adapted yet. They did not exercised but halfway through the test, they did a cycling related test. The fat eater performed the worst ....... as he was not adapted.

The results after a month was not positive for the fat eater.

http://www.dietdoctor.com/sugar-vs-fat-on-bbc-which-is-worse

hi guys

Appologies if this' been asked befor. As I have embraced the lchf way, i have become quite label savvy. Horrified I was the other day to see MSG and wheatflour, corn starch etc etc was acutually added to my favourite biltong and droeë wors.

Where can I get something with less crap in it. Trying to keep it as clean as possible, in terms of preservatives and other junk.

Then I would also,like to know where to get good quality grass fed meat, as the usual suoermarkets dont indicate if i isngrain fed or grass fed. Basically looking for a reputable butcher. I live in the western cape, northern suburbs.

hi guys

Appologies if this' been asked befor. As I have embraced the lchf way, i have become quite label savvy. Horrified I was the other day to see MSG and wheatflour, corn starch etc etc was acutually added to my favourite biltong and droeë wors.

Where can I get something with less crap in it. Trying to keep it as clean as possible, in terms of preservatives and other junk.

Then I would also,like to know where to get good quality grass fed meat, as the usual suoermarkets dont indicate if i isngrain fed or grass fed. Basically looking for a reputable butcher. I live in the western cape, northern suburbs.

You don't need to be too picky when it comes to beef and lamb in terms of grass fed or not. They are ruminants, and therefore the feed they eat (thanks to sophisticated digestive systems,) does not affect the quality of their meat and fat the way it does chickens and swine.

You don't need to be too picky when it comes to beef and lamb in terms of grass fed or not. They are ruminants, and therefore the feed they eat (thanks to sophisticated digestive systems,) does not affect the quality of their meat and fat the way it does chickens and swine.

I also think the whole grass fed / free range thing is bit of a marketing hype. Being a farmer myself I see lots of products claiming free range where the opposite really is true. A good indication is to look on the packaging if the free range claim is substantiated by compliance to some or other regulating body. Something like Karoo lamb, angus beef or the woollies products. They actually have a set of rules and do farm visits and certify their farmers.

Corn fed vs. grass fed is bit of a conundrum. Corn fed beef and lamb is actually more tender than grass fed. Animals are fed higher energy diets in feed lots. They reach the slaughter weight at a younger age and don't move around a lot. Grass fed animal reach their target weight at a later age and have to move around a lot for grazing. (tougher muscles) Most grass fed animals also receive some form of concentrate supplement (corn based!) to balance out the seasonal variations in the quality of the grazing. There is no such thing as a 100% grass fed animal.

What is true though is that with feed lot meat there is a much higher risk that the animal has been treated with growth hormones and stimulants to reach the target weight even faster. My advice would be is to forget the whole corn fed/ grass fed thing and look for product that is certified growth hormone and antibiotic free.