LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

Have to agree.  The main reason I enjoy the LCHF lifestyle so much is the very constant energy levels I have throughout the day.  When I am busy with a task, I can concentrate on it, without getting senseless cravings.  Also the fact that I can carry on with my work for 6 hours straight with only water on hand. When I do have a craving, I crave the real food I am allowed to eat.

To me weight loss is a "by-product" of being healthy.

Having said that, I am looking forward to a beer or two on Saturday after Attakwas.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An update on my previous post.

I went for a 50km ride (through Kuilsriver, over Polka, Stellenbosch, Krommerhee, bottelary, bellville). Nice climbs. Problem is the doctor was blowing lovely. Going downhill on bottelary felt like going uphill. Uphill past Palms felt like riding up Vissershok on a fixie. Madness bur awesome.

Point is, i only took water and dates. Was brilliant. Popped a date or two every 30odd minutes and constant small sips of water. Felt fine the whole ride.... I am impressed.

I am now starting my 4th week of Paleo, have dropped around 3kgs and starting to feel less bloated and more energetic. If this continues, I might just become a lifetime convert.

Edited by Maniax

You just reminded me about the bloating. Man, I'm never going back there. Gluten is poison. Well, for me anyway.

Me too, my neighbour makes the best bread, was there for a braai laat week, had to remind myself about the bloating and cramps

I see there is a whole convention the 22 February in Cape town, would be interesting.

It is going to be amazing... everyone who is anyone in the LCHF space is going to be there, including Nina Teicholz, author of Big Fat Surprise that Prof Noakes always quotes.

I cannot wait for this!!!  Am flying in from PE...

Worst day on LCHF today.

Been feeling light headed from about 10H00

Had a BPC this morning, biltong (50g) for a snack, boerewors (about 150g) with a salad (1 cup)

Going to eat my Macadamia nuts now (50g).

Had one bottle of water on my commute, and just completed the 2nd bottle water (with a little pink salt added), going on my 3rd.

Been on the LCHF style for about 15 days now if I am not wrong.  Might be more.  Can't remember.

Edited by François Marais

Worst day on LCHF today.

Been feeling light headed from about 10H00

Had a BPC this morning, biltong (50g) for a snack, boerewors (about 150g) with a salad (1 cup)

Going to eat my Macadamia nuts now (50g).

Had one bottle of water on my commute, and just completed the 2nd bottle water (with a little pink salt added), going on my 3rd.

Been on the LCHF style for about 15 days now if I am not wrong.  Might be more.  Can't remember.

I'm also around 15 days.  From what I read, the first month is the worst.  Vasbyt chomma.

Careful of boerewors - MSG, gluten and preservatives galore.

I'm also around 15 days.  From what I read, the first month is the worst.  Vasbyt chomma.

Yeah, know.  Was not my choice.  The fiancee decided on dinner last night.  So had to shut up and eat...

I love pork sausages as part of LCHF but not sure what brand is best wrt least amount of added junk.

Yeah, know.  Was not my choice.  The fiancee decided on dinner last night.  So had to shut up and eat...

Its always best to shut up and eat hey :-)

Try eggs too - totally natural and an excellent, filling snack.  I sometimes stuff 3 down my throat... you can bank on sometimes battling with the light headedness for about a month (i did anyway), and even now, after a year or so, I still have that on days where carbs are particularly low. 

My wife - being very supportive - sends a smoothy with in the mornings as my breakfast;

Peanut butter, Bulgarian double cream yogurt, honey, dates, cacao and bananas.  That thing is potent.  It keeps me until lunch.  In the afternoon I eat leftovers (usually mince, meatballs or chicken with veg).  Snacks are fruit or biltong.  Lots of water and coffee (somethings you cant give up :))

My wife - being very supportive - sends a smoothy with in the mornings as my breakfast;

Peanut butter, Bulgarian double cream yogurt, honey, dates, cacao and bananas.  That thing is potent.  It keeps me until lunch.  In the afternoon I eat leftovers (usually mince, meatballs or chicken with veg).  Snacks are fruit or biltong.  Lots of water and coffee (somethings you cant give up :))

that smoothie sounds very nice, but is that not a lot of carbs? bananas, p/butter?

ps. your wife makes you b/fast - lucky b..tard

that smoothie sounds very nice, but is that not a lot of carbs? bananas, p/butter?

ps. your wife makes you b/fast - lucky b..tard

It is loaded with carbs.  Dates as well - Very high in sugar and carbs, but sound lekker....