LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shew - that pic does really not do him any favours. You're right he does look a lot older.

Having seen him in the flesh last week, I thought he looked fine - bear in mind the man is 60+ :thumbup:

Shew - that pic does really not do him any favours ...

It's that colour he's wearing! Drains him and makes him look older than he really is. I reckon he's a 'summer' person and therefore should not wear any neon colours. Also the angle of the photo doesn't do any of the men justice.

Here's an article on what colours to wear and why. Carol Jackson's 'Color me beautiful' helped me choose the right clothes for my complexion at least 20 years ago.

http://www.newstartat40.com/categories-2/4-season-color-analysis/

Maybe a chat to Mrs. Noakes is in order :)

So let's dive into the can of worms .... There is MUCH debate as to the importance of cholesterol numbers, right from those who think any cholesterol measure is meaningless through to those who deliver the standard lipid panel is gospel...

APO tests are good proxies for p tests. Patchcare can do the APO A1 and B tests & if you specifically request it. results take 7 days.

I can highly recommend Dr Wouter Basson (yes, that one) - he runs full blood work and can do VO2Max testing on a bicycle for you.

Thanks for the info. Going to get the tests done through Pathcare, gf sends off plenty bloodwork to them so is taking some bloods later this afternoon.

Gave the RMR fat shake a go this morning - can't say I notice much diff in taste / texture from HT's. I suppose the only real diff is changing coconut cream for the coconut oil. Maybe a bit less concentrated. It does make a big shake tho - 400 odd mls.

Did anything ever come of the bulk Crede oil purchase?

Did anything ever come of the bulk Crede oil purchase?

I picked up a big tub of the unscented cocnut oil from a health shop at west coast village for R85... I didn't think that too expensive based on the prices of nuts etc.

So I made some Mac Nut butter yesterday. The prices for processed Mac Nut butter are hectic.

Chucked a bunch of broken mac nuts and some salt in a food processor and 5mins later, this is what I have.

It is a bit gritty - but that may be due to rocksalt that I ground in? Has anyone else tried this.

While grinding it up, I tasted as it went - it sure is satiating..

post-1995-0-33161600-1386926541_thumb.jpg

Hope you not STILL buying those tubs of margarine... :whistling:

It looks great, any new connections for wholesale nut purchasing that doesn't break the Christmas no bonus

Good luck HMT. How does your fuelling plan look for the trip? And you planned HR zone?

Thank you.

I've got a Camelbak with water, bottles with some High 5 4:1 stuff, in my pockets I have packed sandwich bags with cashews and droewors as well as one or two jelly babies and some gels for in case.

At the fuel stops where my support vehicle will be I will have some boiled potatoes with lots of salt and some chicken drumsticks which are also quite salted (salt is to balance out the sugary drinks so that I don't get nauseous from them.)

As for HR zones, I'm riding with a power meter and will try my best to keep it below 75% of FTP which is 220 watts and lower for me. I'll definitely pick it up where it is mostly flat/down hill which would be from about 200km onwards.

We start with a climb to the highest road in Namibia, and there after we will have a few sharp rolling hills and most likely a head/cross wind most of the way to the coast.

I picked up a big tub of the unscented cocnut oil from a health shop at west coast village for R85... I didn't think that too expensive based on the prices of nuts etc.

Be careful, very careful. What you are referring to is called RBD, refined bleached and deodorized... Those 3 words should be enough warning to stay clear. Some brands may even contain trans-fats:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coconut_oil

Rather do a bulk order of organic virgin coconut oil at crede oils. I ordered 25 l of oil in March 2013, it worked out at R80.00/l, shipping included. (It will be more now, there has been a price increase.) We split it amongst 3 friends, and it is time to order again!

So I made some Mac Nut butter yesterday. The prices for processed Mac Nut butter are hectic.

Chucked a bunch of broken mac nuts and some salt in a food processor and 5mins later, this is what I have.

It is a bit gritty - but that may be due to rocksalt that I ground in? Has anyone else tried this.

While grinding it up, I tasted as it went - it sure is satiating..

I have made a couple of batches of Mac Nut butter, but I stopped since it is way to tasty for me! :drool: I just could not control myself. It was Tombeej that put the idea in my head first. (I really miss his valuable input on this thread! :( ) Here is a link to Marks's Daily Apple's recipe:

http://www.marksdail...hread54934.html

I made mine by working the nuts with the blade attachment of the food processor, adding a pinch of the ground pink himalayan rock salt. While this is going on you can drip some organic virgin coconut oil in to it until it looks like a soft peanut butter. If you like the taste of cinnamon you can add a small pinch as well. It could come out a bit runny, but storing it in the fridge will take care of that. Big warning: This is very very tasty! Almost to the point of being addictive, for me at least it was. For this reason alone I stopped making it.

Edited by Sniffie

Be careful, very careful. What you are referring to is called RBD, refined bleached and deodorized... Those 3 words should be enough warning to stay clear. Some brands may even contain trans-fats:

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Coconut_oil

Rather do a bulk order of organic virgin coconut oil at crede oils. I ordered 25 l of oil in March 2013, it worked out at R80.00/l, shipping included. (It will be more now, there has been a price increase.) We split it amongst 3 friends, and it is time to order again!

Thank you for the info, the one I bought is the Crede's unscented virgin oil... good heads up though!