#bloodycyclists tweet

BMXER

Flipping idiot. It's that attitude that gets you killed.

I wish all drivers had to spend a mandatory amount of hours commuting on a bike before they could drive . imagine the awareness that would create!

It would even be possible! Takes you months to get a test booking, you can do it while you wait! You could have instructor led rides, boosting the industry. I could go on and on. So many positives.

Unfortunately, it's going to be a war for a long long time.

Guest Kalahari ou

I was thinking this the other day... they should implement a law stating that you are only allowed to purchase a vehicle if you have a bike or buy one with it!!!!

Everyone will be more tollerant

And I can put my supersix evo up with my vehicle finance!!!:ph34r:

i got carted by a car the other day - woman, local, - and she pretended not to have seen/felt it happen. Luckily she had to stop at a robot and I was able to get up quick enough to tap on her window - she was still staring straight ahead so I smacked it a bit harder and she was like "oh did I bump you?" Luckily no real damage just a few roasties but damn she was not even slightly concerned...it was like i did not exist Idiot. Have to say in hindsight that it was a wake up call to me as I have kind of felt untouchable on the roads for a while now, so I will be a lot more aware of the power and mass of a car.

After the recent spate of cyclist deaths on our roads I'm being a lot more vigilant, motorists really don't care about cyclists as they believe they own the road!

I had a motorist on Monday in PE, Lorraine area in a red Kia Sorento FVS057EC who almost took out a Bantam bakkie head-on trying to overtake us around a blind corner because he couldnt wait 20seconds to get past myself and my wife. He nearly rode into her swerving out of the way to miss the Bantam.

When I confronted him at the next intersection he actually told me cyclists are not allowed to ride in the road and I should get onto the pavement when there is a car approaching me from behind, like I have eyes in the back of my head!!.

We always make a point of staying about 300mm or so from the verge but I fully believe it might actually be safer to just cycle in the middle of the lane forcing them to stop and wait.

I didnt argue any further as he obviously didnt warrant wasting anymore of my time. His wife looked the moering enough anyway!!!

Be safe out there guys.

If I did cause any damage to him I would obviously apologise but I didn’t feel him even touch my car!!

a cyclist, average width = 80cm max... road lane width average what 4m , that leaves 3.2m for cars, and car width 1.2m wide? Max 1.4? Lots of space, I don't understand it.

a cyclist, average width = 80cm max... road lane width average what 4m , that leaves 3.2m for cars, and car width 1.2m wide? Max 1.4? Lots of space, I don't understand it.

+1 ..the road is broad....it's the mindset that's narrow .... !