Sailing

Witkop

it's bye bye Sir Ben

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article10574061.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Land-Rover-BAR-skipper-by-Ben-Ainslie-pr.jpg

and either Japan or Sweden tonight

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Brits did well considering ... maybe they need some Kiwis on board their team to make an impact :o

Winds howling today - white horses!

• 2 weeks later...

So the Kiwi's are taking the cup home ....  fair game I say: great team, good tech, fantastic and consistent performance. Team USA just couldn't compete.

It's been said those leg muscles ultimately did make a difference, having more power on hand meant more and easier control of the foils, rudders and essentially the wing, which was completely controlled by hydraulics (no ropes / sheets).

So the Kiwi's are taking the cup home .... fair game I say: great team, good tech, fantastic and consistent performance. Team USA just couldn't compete.

It's been said those leg muscles ultimately did make a difference, having more power on hand meant more and easier control of the foils, rudders and essentially the wing, which was completely controlled by hydraulics (no ropes / sheets).

I watched every minute of it, really awesome to see a small team of commited guys best the big budget crowd. The cyclors us just one of many innovations they used to wipe the floor.

It will be different this time around, but I've got a feeling they won't be wankrs about it

So the Kiwi's are taking the cup home ....  fair game I say: great team, good tech, fantastic and consistent performance. Team USA just couldn't compete.

Prefer the old method thank you!

post-19902-0-28451800-1498637203_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Prefer the old method thank you!

Thing is power with the legs (beside more power) frees up the hands to do other work.

On ETNZ yacht the control was delegated - the helmsman steered the boat, one guy tweaked / controlled the sail/wing, one other guy the foils, and that was part of the story as to why they won.

• 3 months later...

Wowza what a start from Lisboa!  running in 30-35 Knots wind. Watched it live on Facebook (where they do the live streaming) but its all on YouTube

On their way to the Mother City, anyway they choose, I really want to try make it down to check out the boats, In Port race and departure to Oz via the roaring 40's

Edited by kosmonooit

So .... Jan Taks het besluit om vir my 'n speelding te koop vir kersfees.

Hobie 16? or something else? I'll just potter around on Bronkies and Vaaldam mostly, maybe once to twice a month.

16 is awesome. ANd plenty available, from what I remember.