Your Enduro ride

Robodog

I am phoning you NOW NOW NOW ... make sure you answer your phone

I let it ring through to voicemail as a negotiating tactic...

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I let it ring through to voicemail as a negotiating tactic...

very nearly threw the phone out the window, but the window was closed fortunately

A sneak peak of things to come from MRP in RSA :whistling: in the not to distant future.

The Trail / AM / Enduro market will be catered for.

4 Test forks arrived today - yeeehaaa

Stage 34mm Stanch. 160mm 650B

Stage 34mm Stanch. 140mm 650B

Stage 34mm Stanch. 130mm 29r

Loop TR 32mm Stanch.130mm 29r

post-36678-0-73531700-1406638388_thumb.jpg

post-36678-0-23775100-1406638401_thumb.jpg

post-36678-0-56660200-1406638403_thumb.jpg

post-36678-0-98791500-1406638405_thumb.jpg

A sneak peak of things to come from MRP in RSA :whistling: in the not to distant future.

If you need someone to test the Stages (140 or 160), let me know :ph34r: :clap:

Well well well, any idea what the ballpark on that Stage 29er will be?

Well now that looks like the shizniz! I would like to know how much those babies go for before I take the plunge for a X Fusion Slant. Nice one man! I wish I could help you test them out!

That would be me - Zion Bikes PTY (Ltd) based in C.T. :D

• 5 weeks later...

Just a feeler, I might be looking to sell my Jekyll frame, the deal would include the frame, headset, fork (RS revelation), Dropper post (KS i950) and other little bits and pieces that came with the frame. I am hoping to get about 12k for the lot. Would anyone be interested?

Make me an offer and I will think about it.

post-31228-0-18598900-1409209732_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nofearnofun

Just picked my new machine up this week from Jason and Mark at Good2Go. 2014 Lapierre Spicy 527 with 160 Rockshox Pike RTC3. There were no more large Spicy's available so they built the XL they had over onto a large Zesty frame for me as both bikes share the same frame. Bit of a wolf in sleeps clothing now. This bike pedals like a XC bike and descends like a DH bike! So happy I decided on this bike and setup.

post-18578-0-73502300-1409232687_thumb.jpg

Just picked my new machine up this week from Jason and Mark at Good2Go. 2014 Lapierre Spicy 527 with 160 Rockshox Pike RTC3. There were no more large Spicy's available so they built the XL they had over onto a large Zesty frame for me as both bikes share the same frame. Bit of a wolf in sleeps clothing now. This bike pedals like a XC bike and descends like a DH bike! So happy I decided on this bike and setup.

Awesome build. Just note that the geometries of the frames differ slightly. Spicy is slacker and a bit shorter up top. Frankly I think the Zesty is where it's at anyways.

Many happy descents!

Awesome build. Just note that the geometries of the frames differ slightly. Spicy is slacker and a bit shorter up top. Frankly I think the Zesty is where it's at anyways.

Many happy descents!

Thanks. The Spicy uses a 160 fork and the Zesty a 150 and that's where the head angle difference comes in. Bottom line though is that it rides like a dream!

Edited by pierremerv

Yeah the spicy and zesty frames are identical. As Pierre says the difference comes in with the fork. For the money that Spicy was good value. Specced with a reverb stealth dropper, 34 Fox fork and a decent drivetrain, it's an out the box ripper !

Yeah the spicy and zesty frames are identical. As Pierre says the difference comes in with the fork. For the money that Spicy was good value. Specced with a reverb stealth dropper, 34 Fox fork and a decent drivetrain, it's an out the box ripper !

How does the fork shorten the one's toptube and chainstays?