Your Enduro ride

Robodog

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it will only brake if you pull on the brake lever. Promise.

other than that fact, I think your ride will do just fine for very fast trail riding, even rock gardens. The limitation there is more suspension than anything else as evidenced by vrek light XC frames hammer very gnarly courses like PMB and other world cup XCO venues. However, exercise caution with drops and jumps as this is when the most sudden and severe loading a frame is subjected to, occurs.  

Some frame manufacturers actually provide guidance for maximum height of drops that their frames can manage. They are of course very conservative. 

Remember, a trail can be very rough without jumps and drops. I think you should be ok for a very long while. So ride, and ride hard. Get the max value out of the frame you have. But exercise some caution with height of drops and jumps, and keep doing your inspections after every wash to look for signs of cracks in the paint and/or frame. Areas to consider are where the top and down tubes meet the headtube, where the seat tube meets the top tube, and all joints around the bottom bracket.

Whahahaha!!! My bad on the brake and break  :whistling: . Damn afrikaans background kicking in now, wait, I'm blaming the Brits for the confusing words!! Thanx for all the info, I'm only getting back into Mtb riding now, so chances of me doing drops higher than about 1m and big jumps are fairly small at the moment. But I'll take your advice and ride her as hard as possible :devil:

Whahahaha!!! My bad on the brake and break  :whistling: . Damn afrikaans background kicking in now, wait, I'm blaming the Brits for the confusing words!! Thanx for all the info, I'm only getting back into Mtb riding now, so chances of me doing drops higher than about 1m and big jumps are fairly small at the moment. But I'll take your advice and ride her as hard as possible :devil:

hahahah, you were a good sport there :thumbup: 

As for riding hard, good man! A mate of mine has that exact same frame, and he has progressed to riding pretty hard of late. So far, all good! 

You might find the geometry could provide a few 'interesting' challenges once the going gets really steep. Steep descents and steep head angles dont really go well together. its doable, but not as comfortably as a frame with a slacker head angle. But give it horns and have fun!  :thumbup:

hahahah, you were a good sport there :thumbup:

As for riding hard, good man! A mate of mine has that exact same frame, and he has progressed to riding pretty hard of late. So far, all good! 

You might find the geometry could provide a few 'interesting' challenges once the going gets really steep. Steep descents and steep head angles dont really go well together. its doable, but not as comfortably as a frame with a slacker head angle. But give it horns and have fun!  :thumbup:

Haha you have to be able to take it to survive in this place! The steepest I went down was in Groenkloof, the decent going down to the river. It was pretty intimidating but I survived, just took it slow. Luckily I ride trials so my brake control is pretty good (see I got the brake right there :clap:), with being on the back wheel most of the time one learns to control the bike and the brakes.

I found the seat was the biggest setback, it does get in the way. But will sort that soon with a dropper

Haha you have to be able to take it to survive in this place! The steepest I went down was in Groenkloof, the decent going down to the river. It was pretty intimidating but I survived, just took it slow. Luckily I ride trials so my brake control is pretty good (see I got the brake right there :clap:), with being on the back wheel most of the time one learns to control the bike and the brakes.

I found the seat was the biggest setback, it does get in the way. But will sort that soon with a dropper

trials?  :clap:  :thumbup:  You sir, shall have zero problems, even if your front wheel happens to fall off ;)

in that pose, your headangle is moer slack... #justsayin... :P

Haha yah. When boths wheels are on the ground it's 72°, but of course that changes pretty often

Cannondale Trigger

I'm finally getting around to posting my ride.

I bought the bike new in February and have upgraded a bunch of components.

Spec:

• Frame Cannondale Trigger
  • Rear Shock FOX Dyad 2
  • Fork Fox Float 34 Performance
  • Headset TANGE SEIKI 1.5", INTEGRATED
  • Race Face SIXC Handlebar 785mm
  • Stem Truvativ AKA 70mm
  • Grips ODI Rogue Lock-On
  • Brakes Shimano Deore XT M785
  • Brake Levers Shimano Deore XT M785
  • Shifters SRAM X9
  • Rear Derailleur SRAM X9 Medium Cage
  • Cranks SRAM S1000
  • Chainrings / Sprocket Other Wolftooth 30t
  • Bottom Bracket SRAM
  • Chain SRAM
  • Cassette / Rear Cog OneUp Components 40T Sproket w 16t
  • Pedals Shimano M540
  • Front Rim American Classic Wide Lightning
  • Rear Rim American Classic Wide Lightning
  • Hubs American Classic Disc Hubs
  • Front Tire Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.35
  • Rear Tire Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.35
  • Saddle WTB Volt
  • Seatpost RockShox Reverb 125mm

post-14795-0-69262900-1412237415_thumb.jpg

post-14795-0-56839900-1412237467_thumb.jpg

post-14795-0-63772800-1412237786_thumb.jpg

Weight is 13.8kg with the heavy HD 2.35's.

:cursing:

Still failing .... MW just can't manage to transfer the money into my account or somehow answer my calls today.....A week and a half, no happiness yet.

Ladies and Gent's 

It is with a sad heart and a slight feeling of nausea, that I have to report seeing a lovely Intense on the cycle lane yesterday (This is acceptable) with very very skinny roadie slicks fitted.

This was most upsetting and lead to baiting the rider for doing so.

I thought about it afterwards, was I being a chop and realised that in fact I had gone easy on this rider.

One of the most interesting comments from this rider was that he had "taken this bike to the Alps this year".... I struggle to follow this and assume that the "Alps" is a Swiss or Italian coffee shop that serves instant coffee and Koolaid.

Ladies and Gent's 

It is with a sad heart and a slight feeling of nausea, that I have to report seeing a lovely Intense on the cycle lane yesterday (This is acceptable) with very very skinny roadie slicks fitted.

I thought about it afterwards, was I being a chop and realised that in fact I had gone easy on this rider.

One of the most interesting comments from this rider was that he had "taken this bike to the Alps this year".... I struggle to follow this and assume that the "Alps" is a Swiss or Italian coffee shop that serves instant coffee and Koolaid.

must be an eager beaver looking to crush Argus PBs. Can never train enough...

must be an eager beaver looking to crush Argus PBs. Can never train enough...

there can be no other sane reason.

Ladies and Gent's 

BAHAHAHAHA!!!

He'd better have had a Mega reason for doing so...