Your Enduro ride

Robodog

And so the new beast comes to life...  :devil:

attachicon.gifIMG-20150924-WA0011.jpg

Not complete just yet, but nearly there.

I had origionally ordered the shock yellow & black but when I turned up to the Commencal offices in Erts Andorra, they had decided that the black frame was better. I'm actually quite happy that the decision on the frame colour was lost in translation and that I ended up with the black frame.

Still need to sort a couple issues and then get everything dialed in. Carn't hardly wait to swing a leg over her.

attachicon.gifCommie_01.jpg

Dream bike right there, Looks great!!!

WTB Vigilante FTW....

Like the new Black/red colours on the 2016 models but a Commie has to have yellow I believe.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ill be honest, i wasnt happy to see someone else also got my super rare and unique bike :P

even more so that that one outspeccs mine in almost every way!

Not sure about that up spec comment there - mine does not have blue wheels... Have to make do with blue bars...

Had a few good comments about the bike at the Trans Savoie - the doctor who I got to know well loved it and one of the French sponsored women riders fondly remembered hers from a few years back...

Ja it is a 2015 frame. The guys at Commencal gave me a good deal on it so I can't complain.

The tyre is a Spez Butcher 2.4 on WTB frequency i-25. I'm not 100% sold on the Spez tyre as the casing feels way too soft, may switch to something a bit more durable at a later stage.

Nah, leave it, it's not like you ever have problems with tyre wall slashes

Ja it is a 2015 frame. The guys at Commencal gave me a good deal on it so I can't complain.

The tyre is a Spez Butcher 2.4 on WTB frequency i-25. I'm not 100% sold on the Spez tyre as the casing feels way too soft, may switch to something a bit more durable at a later stage.

The Butcher is awesome! I have the 2,3" butcher control on the front (thin side walls), I have had a DHF Minion and a Magic Mary trailstar super gravity on the front of my spaz but neither have worked as well as the Butcher for me.

There hasn't been too many changes from 2015 for most of their bikes - that's why I went for a 2015 bike that was on sale. Exactly the same frame as the 2016 bike. 

I'll run Spez tyres upfront, but not at the back (except in GRID casing). The Control casing is generally a bit floppy.

Spez are now doing the Butcher in Grid casing as well we just have to wait for slow SA to bring them in.

I had origionally ordered the shock yellow & black but when I turned up to the Commencal offices in Erts Andorra, they had decided that the black frame was better. I'm actually quite happy that the decision on the frame colour was lost in translation and that I ended up with the black frame.

Still need to sort a couple issues and then get everything dialed in. Carn't hardly wait to swing a leg over her.

Congrats with the bike as it looks mint :thumbup:

Let us know how you get on with it once you have put it through the ringer

Not sure about that up spec comment there - mine does not have blue wheels... Have to make do with blue bars...

Had a few good comments about the bike at the Trans Savoie - the doctor who I got to know well loved it and one of the French sponsored women riders fondly remembered hers from a few years back...

that pinkbike article you linked in your trans savoie just put it right near the top of my bucket list, up there with trans provence and the nurburgring 

Congrats with the bike as it looks mint :thumbup:

Let us know how you get on with it once you have put it through the ringer

After sorting all the niggles (cable lengths, then rebleebing due to clipping cables) I managed to sneak a quick ride on her on Saturday afternoon.

She rides VERY nicely. Feels very nicely planted and pedals really well.

That said the Pike/Monarch combo on just about any bike will make it feel good. The SRAM GX 11 spd system felt awesome. Climbing felt like I was cheating, although I was coming off a 1 x 10, 36t, 11-36 combo on my Nickel and I'm now running 34t, 10-42t. 

post-3245-0-91654700-1443418106_thumb.jpg

I still have a couple of tweaks to make to the suspension and I'll have to figure out what works for me WRT the bottomless tokens, volume bands etc. Looking forward to the process.

There are some minor issues, the rear stays are very close to your heels (it was mentioned by someone on the forum when I mentioned getting the bike) but I have added protective tape to that part of the frame. The internal cabling does rattle a bit so I'm going to try and sort that. I also think that where the cabling exits the main frame will become a mud collector as the main exit point is quite large and definitely will fill with mud, see pic below (just a pic from the interwebs).

http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/stories/2015/01/04/max_commencal_meta_am_ajbarlas_030114_0001_828441.jpg?1420385068

All in all VERY HAPPY with the result and looking forward to plenty more saddle time, starting this afternoon  :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

Had a bit of a meeting with a rock on S2 at the Enduro over the weekend. My chainring would have been toast were it not for my MRP AMG guide. That bashplate is just bombproof!

Eish bro, that bash feels worse than It looks.. haha,

Was good riding with you and your mate. At least I had some company during the climbs..

Damn that's awesome. Enjoy to the max Dude. That black... Pure radness!!!!