Your Enduro ride

RockCoach

I just hope Giant didn't do what they did on the Reign X. My lower link broke at that cutout, like many others around the world.

Heard it was due to torque from pushing bigger gears. Was never tested for this force..

How did yours break?

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I second that! - The congrats part, not the purposely getting you into trouble and deriving pleasure from it going viral part..

Hairy, I doubt he has black and blue balls, yet!

If she does give you trouble then buy my Shova for her ;)

If she does give you trouble then buy my Shova for her ;)

Send me a link to the Shova for sale.. :whistling:

Finally got the new trance dirty! I was apprehensive of the big wheels. All I had was a big smile!

post-10958-0-72590900-1370264120_thumb.jpg

post-10958-0-31582600-1370264134_thumb.jpg

Heard it was due to torque from pushing bigger gears. Was never tested for this force..

How did yours break?

ISCG standard from 2013 on all Reigns - 2014 bikes not out yet.

I'll take a pic of the link - lets hope Giant sorted the linkage issue based on the X experience.

I am going to swop out the stem for an even shorter Giant AM stem that Action have in stock - I found the front end harder to get up than I had anticipated.

The bars are 730 mm wide, also wider than the Reign used to get. The feel of the wide bars is also very different to what I am used to but immediately felt good in the bends.

BB also seemed very low - a few pedal strikes where I would never have in the past - some suspension tuning in order I think.

Any other tips or tricks from the Reign owners out there?

Show us you have the balls to match that bike ... get her dirty and on the couch for the pic .... if you can get a vid clip with sound when you wife catches you in action it would be even better!

Congrats again on that bike!

Actually, the bike was going to go in bed with wifey standing over me wagging her finger while I gave Reign baby a cuddle... May still do that after she gets a good wash...

How'd the setup go? What sag you running?

Must still do a proper sag measure - had no time on Friday - rushed to ride before the rain...left the rear CTD in open on the dh and trail on the tech ups.Fork felt a bit harsh and stiff but that may be because its brand new...

I found 25% rear was sweet, kept her upright, responsive and snappy. I used it as a do it all bike so middle ground made sense.

30% felt like it wallowed a bit and I would sit deep into the stroke but the downhills were great!

If you are striking pedals check the sag..

Must still do a proper sag measure - had no time on Friday - rushed to ride before the rain...left the rear CTD in open on the dh and trail on the tech ups.Fork felt a bit harsh and stiff but that may be because its brand new...

My fork also dont feel 100% yet.

I have played around with the rebound etc and just cant get it as I think it can be. I am looking for a bit softer feel, just dont know how to get it there.

My fork also dont feel 100% yet.

I have played around with the rebound etc and just cant get it as I think it can be. I am looking for a bit softer feel, just dont know how to get it there.

Coil or Air?

You want the feeling of a coil fork.

Took a while to get my Lyrik set right. Still not as plush as a coil.

I kept the rear end hard 20%sag, but with propedal off. This kept small bump compliance good but stopped it blowing through on jumps.

The fork I ran softer than expected to help small bump harshness.

How did yours break?

They all break while pedalling. Mine actually broke after I sold the bike. The next guy pedalled the bike a lot more than me.

Archived