Your Enduro ride

RockCoach

Nice Nic ... Just dont go breaking your rear swingarm like dave did ...

Funny...I heard of another case of something like that breaking on a bike like that up here too...

Maybe manufacturing default?

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sb95 frame weight = 3.08kg

trance 29er frame = 2.67kg

same travel, 400g different.

that being said, dont let that stop you, it looks way better and will make for way better trailside conversations 

You just compared a Yeti to a Giant...  :ph34r:  :o

See what I did there...

No Question! ... DO IT!

Heres a review from Pink bike - They think its awesome!

What Fork would you run though?? You would need at least a 120mm fork up front to keep the geometry right

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Yeti-SB95-Tested-2012.html

No thought required. Yeti for the win.

Will see you through some fun Enduros and still get you through those stage races (if its required)...

wow, thats pretty reassuring, I thought the reply would be "no, thats not #ENDURO"

Trance is nice, no idea where one would acquire a trance frame though

Have been searching online for Kona/Giant frames

As for the weight, I need to lose 2 frames worth myself before I can start picking on a bikes obesity 

Fork is a 140mm revelation, which has actually worked well on the spark  :ph34r:

You just compared a Yeti to a Giant...  :ph34r:  :o

See what I did there...

One is hairier and both are smelly?

wow, thats pretty reassuring, I thought the reply would be "no, thats not #ENDURO"

Trance is nice, no idea where one would acquire a trance frame though

Have been searching online for Kona/Giant frames

As for the weight, I need to lose 2 frames worth myself before I can start picking on a bikes obesity 

Fork is a 140mm revelation, which has actually worked well on the spark  :ph34r:

Just posted my Trance 29er X0 in the classifieds, but whole complete bike though, XT spec.

Dont dig the specs, but if it was a frame only option :drool:

also saw that  - LP have gone direct sales now I think. Not bad but no dropper and strange tyres.

If you can get over a mix of Shimano and SRAM parts on your drivetrain, then that bike is unbeatable value.

Pop on some wider bars and its a trail machine. Got a few mates riding them and they are good.

On the subject of Enduro Bikes. If anyone is looking for an Large SB66 Alu frame / shock only (mint condition - had frame protection stickers since day one), with a prefect RP32 Kashima Fox Shock, send me a PM.

Craig

they have the same wheelsize and travel.

only one is lighter and has more enduro credibility... with the trance 29 winning a round of the ews, something that the sb95 can only boast about in association.

they have the same wheelsize and travel.

only one is lighter and has more enduro credibility... with the trance 29 winning a round of the ews, something that the sb95 can only boast about in association.

Which round was this? Links?

If you can get over a mix of Shimano and SRAM parts on your drivetrain, then that bike is unbeatable value.

Pop on some wider bars and its a trail machine. Got a few mates riding them and they are good.

I would even leave the cockpit as is, my concern is on the wheels, avids, and the fox fork...that bike needs a pike!

http://www.bikemag.com/gear/adam-craigs-prototype-giant-trance-x-29er/

my mistake, was the north american super D national championships which craig won, twice, although not sure if the first time was on a trance 29

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/american-national-championships-2012-1/super-d/results

dont let this put you off though, that yeti has a lot more local support and looks way better

http://www.bikemag.com/gear/adam-craigs-prototype-giant-trance-x-29er/

my mistake, was the north american super D national championships which craig won, twice, although not sure if the first time was on a trance 29

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/american-national-championships-2012-1/super-d/results

dont let this put you off though, that yeti has a lot more local support and looks way better

Looking at the geometry, the Yeti is a little slacker (67.6 vs 69.5), and has shorted chainstays (17.5" vs 17.8")

Travel is a touch longer at the rear of the trance, 5.5" vs Yeti's 5" 

Archived