The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/788976585.gif?1373385470

On first viewing I really thought it was deliberate aggression by Cavendish.

ITV did several close up replays and actually I don't think it was. Tom looked over to his right and could see Cavendish slightly to his right, Cav swerves to the right to get round Tom. Tom, on the left of the white line start moving into Cav's line...he clearly crosses the white line. Cav braces himself for the imminent crash. Tom comes off worse.

Tom's fault. Cav made the right decision.

ITV did several close up replays and actually I don't think it was. Tom looked over to his right and could see Cavendish slightly to his right, Cav swerves to the right to get round Tom. Tom, on the left of the white line start moving into Cav's line...he clearly crosses the white line. Cav braces himself for the imminent crash. Tom comes off worse.

Good analysis.

The scenario was tricky though as the winning line was on this funny lil bend to The Left.

Thus, Veelers as lead out man was kinda blocking the Cav, en route to the white chalk.

Hope he's okay.

Edited by ' Dale

I do believe it was not malicious.

Bull headed perhaps ,yes. (chasing the wheels of his opponents)

Did he have time to think ? he did a hell of a lot better than most seasoned bike riders would do.

What pro in his right mind will do something like that intentional. Cav comes across as a descent guy to me.

Really do not think he did it because he doesn't want to loose. Seems like a guy that is alway gracious in defeat.

100%!!!!!

It is very clear when you look at it at speed that Veelers movement at the last moment caused the accident. Cav had to lean into him.

The hatters will hate....It is hard to believe that people think someone will put himself at risk at that speed by bumping into another rider on purpose!

Sorry guys, I don't see it that way. Look at how Cav's cycle leans to the left before the incident. That is not trying to prevent an incident, but causing it.

In my mind he has always been a twat, albeit a fast one.

Edited by Moridin

Well, let's just call him Eileen the Missile from now on.

I think he did well, it could have been a lot worse.

reading the analysis and looking at the footage it looks totally different now to my first impression... I don't think Cav was to blame

I do believe it was not malicious.

Bull headed perhaps ,yes. (chasing the wheels of his opponents)

Did he have time to think ? he did a hell of a lot better than most seasoned bike riders would do.

If you watch, the video from the front he definitely nudges Veelers, not cool... yes he was slowed down, but he could have really hurt alot of other riders. Maybe he should stick to his own teams wheel won't have a problem heck where were they..lol

From the Le Tour website:

One of Marcel Kittel's lead-out men, Tom Veelers, looked right, then left to see where his sprinter was and he bumped shoulders with Mark Cavendish and thumped onto the tarmac.

How does a lead-out man not know where his sprinter is?

Anyone here ever have someone move over a little so that you are going to touch or bump unexpectedly? Did you lean away from it or did you brace yourself for impact and try to be firm so that you can stay upright?? What are the chances you would make sure you do this at 65km\h instinctively if you rode your bike for a living?

Personally I'm not a Cav fan, but boy can he ride a bike FAST!

Edited by Tubehunter

If you watch, the video from the front he definitely nudges Veelers, not cool... yes he was slowed down, but he could have really hurt alot of other riders. Maybe he should stick to his own teams wheel won't have a problem heck where were they..lol

I don't believe it's a nudge.

It might look that way, but i don't get that impression.