The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

I couldnt watch any yesterday due to work (was stuck in the office till 6pm)...so I am leaving early today to go veg on the coach.

No bedroom talk on this thread pls Hayley :whistling:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone esle notice Contadors chunky belly in the TT yesterday? At first I thought I was seeing things, but several of the side shots showed he is carrying a boep! I had to look twice but he definately had some extra weight there. Must be clean these days, the Clenbutorol seems a distant memory as does his ability against the clock. Think they are related?!

I'm with you dracs, I think Berto has barely been hanging on. Kreuzinger looks like he is holding back.

No question, he doesn't look like the Contador of a few years ago... can only wonder why :whistling:

Did anyone esle notice Contadors chunky belly in the TT yesterday? At first I thought I was seeing things, but several of the side shots showed he is carrying a boep! I had to look twice but he definately had some extra weight there. Must be clean these days, the Clenbutorol seems a distant memory as does his ability against the clock. Think they are related?!

*soon

No question, he doesn't look like the Contador of a few years ago... can only wonder why :whistling:

We all sit and wonder why,and the only conclusion people can make is that "it was the dope"

I think we need to grow up a little and realise that these guys (dope or not) are also only but human.

To achieve that level and keep the body at such dangerously low levels will take the likes of Smigel to make that happen.

These guys are getting old, they go out of competition for a while and return less than impressive.

We will have to make peace with the fact that every now and again there will be another showstopper or two to excite us, and whilst we are at it, we can throw the doping slap at them.

Seems to me that the cycling fan of the modern era is more interested in scandals and doping than cycling itself.

If they are that cyclical, why even watch stuff like the grand tours at all ?

We all sit and wonder why,and the only conclusion people can make is that "it was the dope"

I think we need to grow up a little and realise that these guys (dope or not) are also only but human.

To achieve that level and keep the body at such dangerously low levels will take the likes of Smigel to make that happen.

These guys are getting old, they go out of competition for a while and return less than impressive.

We will have to make peace with the fact that every now and again there will be another showstopper or two to excite us, and whilst we are at it, we can throw the doping slap at them.

Seems to me that the cycling fan of the modern era is more interested in scandals and doping than cycling itself.

I think in Contador's case, his lack of performance is not down to doping... It's down to how he now eats far less "Spanish beef"... :whistling:

Actually, the belly is not caused by being fat or overweight. It is caused by the method of breathing, relaxing your abdomens and using you diaphragm and your ribs to suck as much air into your lungs as possible. Remember, their upper bodies are supported by their arms, so no need to use the core as much.

Edited by JA-Q001

Guys can call me a poephol / ostrich / ignorant, in my books froome is clean. Its moer unfair to taint his achievements because of other peoples mistakes. Go dawg!

Vive le tour

Actually, the belly is not caused by being fat or overweight. It is caused by the method of breathing, relaxing your abdomens and using you diaphragm and your ribs to suck as much air into your lungs as possible. Remember, their upper bodies are supported by their arms, so no need to use our core as much.

I was not gonna mention it (because somebody will try and ridicule what is being said)

But you are correct, that and the fact that these guys have a massive lung capacity.

Guys can call me a poephol / ostrich / ignorant, in my books froome is clean. Its moer unfair to taint his achievements because of other peoples mistakes. Go dawg!

Vive le tour

I have already had someone on twitter spit "facts out" regarding Froome's doping after I posted a picture last night of him on his TT bike and making reference to his lung capacity.

Pretty much what JAQ-1001 and myself were talking about right now.

So you believe his tainted beef story? Like I said earlier, each to his own opinion...

It would be incredibly naive of anyone watching the Tour currently to not do so with some scepticism? Doping is engrained in the sport and it's history and is not going to go away overnight.

I have already had someone on twitter spit "facts out" regarding Froome's doping after I posted a picture last night of him on his TT bike and making reference to his lung capacity.

Pretty much what JAQ-1001 and myself were talking about right now.

Ag my koot...seriaasly. Everyone is legend in their own lunchtime...speaking of, Mcbeef burger sounds good right now.

So you believe his tainted beef story? Like I said earlier, each to his own opinion...

It would be incredibly naive of anyone watching the Tour currently to not do so with some scepticism? Doping is engrained in the sport and it's history and is not going to go away overnight.

It does not even cross my mind....I enjoy the racing and the spectacle.Makes for far more enjoyable viewing I can assure you