The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

Fans are heading to mont Ventoux for the first time in 4 years

Hmm, I dont think it will be that dramatic a stage, Froome still has a reasonable lead and he is still to show any weakness on the climbs.

I recon Valverde will try and take the stage win, Froome wont chase him and I dont believe 'Berto will either unless Chris cracks, but I doubt this so he should have a reasonably free run.

My feeling is 'Berto will do just enough to move up into 2nd position, its a one day at a time affair and I think Mollema is the weakest of the big GC contenders in the mountains, I recon under pressure he will lose time, but we will have to see.

I still say watch for an alliance between the Movistar and Saxo riders, - 'Berto wont chase Valverde intentionally, but will be looking for an alliance on Alp dHuez on Thursday in return.

Sky has no friends and they wont make any soon, unfortunately thats the curse of been the leader.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[/size]

Hmm, I dont think it will be that dramatic a stage, Froome still has a reasonable lead and he is still to show any weakness on the climbs.

I recon Valverde will try and take the stage win, Froome wont chase him and I dont believe 'Berto will either unless Chris cracks, but I doubt this so he should have a reasonably free run.

My feeling is 'Berto will do just enough to move up into 2nd position, its a one day at a time affair and I think Mollema is the weakest of the big GC contenders in the mountains, I recon under pressure he will lose time, but we will have to see.

I still say watch for an alliance between the Movistar and Saxo riders, - 'Berto wont chase Valverde intentionally, but will be looking for an alliance on Alp dHuez on Thursday in return.

Sky has no friends and they wont make any soon, unfortunately thats the curse of been the leader.

Lots of scenarios possible, I've a gut feel that if Froome gets to Ventoux intact he is going to pull out his ear piece and attack to try totally demoralise the remaining contenders, he had that little glint in his eye tonight when they interviewed him....

TJ is looking better, great to see him in the break today and attacking - lets see how he ends up in the mix in the big climb.

Well today is the big day.

I woke up this morning at 04h00 like I used to do as a lighty on Christmas morning. It's going to be epic (Grumpy, every climb up the Giant is dramatic :)), I cannot wait for it to start.

The minutes are going to drag by all day. I'm going to have to keep myself busy otherwise it's going to be a long one until proceedings start.

Here's a picture from the top looking down to the valley floor below (that's where the road to le Mont Ventoux comes from). It really captures how big that climb is.

From the start of the climb at Bédoin to the top @ 1911m is a vertical altitude gain of 1598m in 20.8km at an average gradient of 7.5%. Yes, they climb a vertical mile into the sky :eek: with no letup.

Today is going to bust this tour wide open. I have no doubt that every GC contender is waking up this morning genuinely nervous (I wonder how many didn't get any sleep). Probably not the same level of fear for the autobus - they've already accepted it will just be a day of pain and survival, nothing more.

post-22004-0-61981800-1373778483_thumb.jpg

I have no idea what to expect from today's stage. I never expected Daryl in yellow. I never expected GE to win the TTT. I never expected Sky to crumple. I never expected Kittel to win 3 stages. I never expected Saxo to attack and AC to take time out of Frrome on a flat stage. I never expected to see Cav sprint to get into a winning echelon on a windy day.

I KNOW NOTHING. That's all I know.

Iban Mayo set the Ventoux record of 55'51" during a climbing time trial stage in the 2004 Dauphiné Libéré.

The Ventoux Master Series is held in May every year. The rules are simple: you climb the mountain as many times as you can in 24 hours. You are allowed to do the descents in a vehicle and you can choose which routes you take up the mountain. To become a Ventoux Master you need to make a minimum of 5 ascents in 24 hours.

A local called Jean Pascal Roux climbed Ventoux an astonishing 11 times in 24 hours starting from Bédoin in May 2006.

There will be a long break, and it will be Sky's responsibility to control it. I dont think Froome will have much help on the climb. i expect lots of attacks up there.

It will perhaps be in Sky's best interest not to spend too much energy on the break - perhaps a win by somebody else today?