The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

Contador gave a Nairo a sarcastic thumbs up because he was pissed off that Quintana attacked on the descent when AC went off the road.

"If Contador is upset, then I'm sorry but we didn't attack because he was dropped," said Quintana. "I just kept going at my rhythm because I wanted to distance Kwiatkowski in the young rider classification, as well as the other riders who had been dropped.

"Contador set a high tempo on the descent, but I didn't see how the crash happened. In the heat of the race, you don't always realise what is happening. In any case, if he is offended, then I apologise."

Yor this really shakes things up!!! So now 'Berto vs Quintana vs Froome... Exciting times indeed

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodness, Froome was being a baby yesterday! Lashing out at Contador, "Saxo were taking too many risks on the descent, If you ask me it was dangerous for Contador to do that, they don't attack on the climbs but they attack on the descents"

Contador actually attacked 3 times on the climb yesterday! Froome lost a few credibility points with me yesterday. It is racing, not Obey and Follow the yellow jersey.

and racing is racing. Should all the others sit back and hand it to the pom on a plate? Rule #5 applies froome.

No the issue was a careless dangerous move by El Berto in front on him on a bad road - that is why he was miffed, every right to be, Nothing compared to that spoilt brat behavior Cav he become known for you will agree. The pressure must also be getting to Chris, especially with all these demeaning and incessant doping allegations.

Go Chris!

Goodness, Froome was being a baby yesterday! Lashing out at Contador, "Saxo were taking too many risks on the descent, If you ask me it was dangerous for Contador to do that, they don't attack on the climbs but they attack on the descents"

Contador actually attacked 3 times on the climb yesterday! Froome lost a few credibility points with me yesterday. It is racing, not Obey and Follow the yellow jersey.

No you are not allowed to say that!

Bwahahahahaha!!!

How would you react if you HAVE to cover the attacks by a competitor, and he is taking unnecessary risks and gave you a MASSIVE skrik? So for once Froome isn't THAT composed during an interview, now you want to say he should not be upset?

Get real!

Much of a Froomdawg fan as I am, Berto dropping his bike 'cos he was racing shouldn't be something to get miffed about. He tried, he pushed, he lost it. Tough titties. HTFU

How would you react if you HAVE to cover the attacks by a competitor, and he is taking unnecessary risks and gave you a MASSIVE skrik? So for once Froome isn't THAT composed during an interview, now you want to say he should not be upset?

Get real!

How would I have reacted? I would have picked my own line around the corner, not blindly follow the wheel of someone I thought was taking too many risks!

and then NOT blame my own poor line choice on the guy in front of me in the interview!

I say HTFU. It's racing.

Edited by rattlesnake

How would I have reacted? I would have picked my own line around the corner, not blindly follow the wheel of someone I thought was taking too many risks!

and then NOT blame my own poor line choice on the guy in front of me in the interview!

I say HTFU. It's racing.

But you are in the peanut gallery now, please remember that when making comments. restraint and humility comes to mind

But you are in the peanut gallery now, please remember that when making comments. restraint and humility comes to mind

I like the way you show restraint Agtertos, just using your example.

PS - when you race, you are responsible for your own line. Don't flame others when you pick their bad line. I'm sure all the racing guys here will agree with me.

Can't believe guys are complaining about fellow competitors actually racing and trying to gain time. WTF? Have a word with yourself. If your fellow competitior wants to go full tilt and crash that is none of your business, let him crash. Race your own race!

PS - when you race, you are responsible for your own line. Don't flame others when you pick their bad line. I'm sure all the racing guys here will agree with me.

Obviously you were right there on Berto's wheel watching every move and in your expert opinion the fact that he went down has everything to do with racing and nothing to do with being CARELESS AND UNEXPECTED IN THE WAY HE WENT DOWN?? I would hazard my own guess that after a couple of seasons of pro racing Chris is more than familiar with where to be on the road and what to anticipate when. After all, he does this for a living and has successfully defended the yellow jersey for quite some time in the world's greatest race! He certainly looks set to win the thing! Imagine the skill required to do that?

He certainly is allowed an opinion on that, is he not??

Edited by Tubehunter

Obviously you were right there on Berto's wheel watching every move and in your expert opinion the fact that he went down has everything to do with racing and nothing to do with being CARELESS AND UNEXPECTED IN THE WAY HE WENT DOWN?? I would hazard my own guess that after a couple of seasons of pro racing Chris is more than familiar with where to be on the road and what to anticipate when. After all, he does this for a living and has successfully defended the yellow jersey for quite some time in the world's greatest race! He certainly looks set to win the thing! Imagine the skill required to do that?

Yes and Alberto who has won a few more grand tours than Froome! (albeit now unofficially!) he has got even more experience then froome. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a berto fan, but he was just racing, simple.

Whatever. This is going nowhere. haters will hate. good bye

How can you complain a guy that is AHEAD of you??? I fully understand that if you complain about someone behind you or next to you threatening to take you out.

If you are not happy with the guy ahead of you then accelerate and overtake him....simples really.

Yes and Alberto who has won a few more grand tours than Froome! (albeit now unofficially!) he has got even more experience then froome. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a berto fan, but he was just racing, simple.

We all want to see some racing and the sideshow is all part of the event. Let the chaps say what they feel. Some will be amped about what is going on, others will be bleak. No one will sit on the fence as much as they may try to pretend they are. Froome was right on his wheel and the only one who saw exactly what happened. He obviously feels it was uncool and has said as much. Anything really happen because of that? Nope! Did it fire some people up? Yes! Is it likely to cause Berto or Quintana to be more intent on doing something? Yes! Bring it on!

How can you complain a guy that is AHEAD of you??? I fully understand that if you complain about someone behind you or next to you threatening to take you out.

If you are not happy with the guy ahead of you then accelerate and overtake him....simples really.

I think some guys here are a little too invested in their warm fuzzy feelings for Froome Dawg... :ph34r:

I like the guy too, I want him to win, just didn't like him whinging about other guys taking the racing to him yesterday.