The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

Yes and Alberto who has won a few more grand tours than Froome! (albeit now unofficially!) he has got even more experience then froome. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a berto fan, but he was just racing, simple.

Agree, they not there for a haircut

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone send this memo to the Argos team yet??

They all look like Vanilla Ice fans.

Whatever. This is going nowhere. haters will hate. good bye

and hullo, lovers will love....

Why was froome following him so closely anyway? Not as if it is a second or two separating them, he can afford to give him a metre or two and catch him later. Was silly following so closely and not picking his own line IMO.

closer the better the draft, let him do the work.

G

and hullo, lovers will love....

Why was froome following him so closely anyway? Not as if it is a second or two separating them, he can afford to give him a metre or two and catch him later. Was silly following so closely and not picking his own line IMO.

Froome propably is already sorry he said that - the man is a bike racer not a politician! Race for hours, prove you are the best, and then get every word dissected in the finest detail.... Why is Contador not soft for whinging about Quintana and for using Porte to do his dirty work? I think it is al racing. We all get pissed in the heat of the moment.

I think some guys here are a little too invested in their warm fuzzy feelings for Froome Dawg... :ph34r:

I like the guy too, I want him to win, just didn't like him whinging about other guys taking the racing to him yesterday.

I bet Froome's perspective is this. He was the strongest rider there last year and had to play bridesmaid. This year he has his chance and has covered every angle when required and certainly is set to taking the title he so badly wants. He probably in that very moment, saw himself going over Berto and hitting the deck and in the way you see everything slow down, pictured his years of effort at this almost disappear for that fraction of a second, imagining the worst. Clearly he is on edge. Came out in the way he spoke during the interview! Waking up this morning, still in the race, still wearing yellow, is a new day. Race on. Simple as that.

Can't believe guys are complaining about fellow competitors actually racing and trying to gain time. WTF? Have a word with yourself. If your fellow competitior wants to go full tilt and crash that is none of your business, let him crash. Race your own race!

Froome has no right to diss 'Berto for taking risks.

It's racing.

I thoroughly enjoyed his attacks.

Grow a moustache, Froome Dawg. And man up.

Froome learnt too much from cavendish the time they spen together.

Cav moans even when he wins a stage.

Cav really wanted the yellow Jersey in this tour. then when he got one from a spectator halfway through the previous time trial he complained.

No it was wrong. I know.

closer the better the draft, let him do the work.

G

agreed, but then HTFU and live with the possible consequences if the wheel you are following runs wide. Really cannot blame them for taking the race to froome.

think it's a vend in the heat of the moment, they all have developed thick skins by this time and understand the others outbursts in these circumstances.

G

agreed, but then HTFU and live with the possible consequences if the wheel you are following runs wide. Really cannot blame them for taking the race to froome.

Goodness, Froome was being a baby yesterday! Lashing out at Contador, "Saxo were taking too many risks on the descent, If you ask me it was dangerous for Contador to do that, they don't attack on the climbs but they attack on the descents"

Contador actually attacked 3 times on the climb yesterday! Froome lost a few credibility points with me yesterday. It is racing, not Obey and Follow the yellow jersey.

Froome has no right to diss 'Berto for taking risks.

It's racing.

I thoroughly enjoyed his attacks.

Grow a moustache, Froome Dawg. And man up.

Are you guys reading between the lines again and applying some journalistic license to your posts?

Lashing out?...........

...no right to diss 'Berto.....Grow a moustache and man up?................

Read Froomes comments and listen to his interview:

"Personally I do think that he was taking too many risks down there, and evidently he did go a little too fast and he couldn’t hold his own speed and he crashed. I was laying off just a little bit but enough to try and stay in touch with him."

Chris Froome@chrisfroome 11h

Almost went over your head @albertocontador.. Little more care next time?

I would hardly call that Lashing out or dissing anyone?

Anyway was Froome wrong, didn't AC fall off?

:P

We'll see what happens down the Alpe after team talk. I'm sure if 'Berto is caning it on the downhills, Froome won't follow as closely. Rather lose a minute that you can make up on the final climb than wipe out.

Are you guys reading between the lines again and applying some journalistic license to your posts?

:P

I was quoting directly from article in the business day..... back page.

Maybe they misquoted Froome..... maybe they didn't.